Landscapes, cityscapes, skyscapes, seascapes, starscapes, panoramas
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: The Story of Storr

Postby St3v3M » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:39 am

John N wrote:... Catch the light and you could indeed be forgiven for thinking you are entering Valhalla.

I love this! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

minniev
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Postby minniev » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:38 am

John N wrote:Can only agree with comments made about the chap in no.1 Looks like he's using binoculars or perhaps taking a shot himself, so he needs something to be looking into. No.2, just a record shot for me - a look where I went image - not that there's anything wrong with those. No.3, Steve has bought the Old Man out a bit better but greenery in the original is more accurate as I remember it. Deep verdant greens of wet grass infested with mossy growths become almost iridescent in a little bit of low sunlight. This is a place to visit outside of the Tourist season when the solitude can be experienced. Catch the light and you could indeed be forgiven for thinking you are entering Valhalla.

Thanks John, for commenting. The greens are hard to render, they are so delicate and they change with the light, so they were different every few minutes this particular day.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Centurion
Mentoris Centurion

Postby PietFrancke » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:30 pm

You captured mood and magic, even with people. I like how quickly the fog/clouds seem to change. This is the kind of place where one would need to sit for hours and take hundreds of shots each telling a different story, each like a different expression of mood in a face.

minniev
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Postby minniev » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:34 am

PietFrancke wrote:You captured mood and magic, even with people. I like how quickly the fog/clouds seem to change. This is the kind of place where one would need to sit for hours and take hundreds of shots each telling a different story, each like a different expression of mood in a face.

Thank you Piet. The "Old Man" changed expressions several times while we were hiking up to it. It's hard to explain how mercurial Scottish weather is in the Hebrides but it was overcast, sunny, rainfall all minutes apart.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Return to “― Scapes Critique”