― Scapes Critique'All Along the Fence Line'

davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Re: 'All Along the Fence Line'

Post by davechinn » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:07 pm

PietFrancke wrote:this works for me too. I think it is awesome. I DO however want to see just a hint more of that next post almost over the hill. And just a small splash of additional light on the clouds perhaps and the grasses dead center. The way you have it.. I FEEL the strength of the light from the sun - I want to squint. I love the leading lines, but especially I like roaming across the grasses and visiting the clouds and mountains. There is something both soothing and jarring about the image, at the same time. It hurts to look into the sun, but you took the pain away is about the only way I can say it.

Thanks Piet !!! Glad you liked this image. A hint of the next post would have been nice, but my vision only goes so far, LOL !!! Additional light on the clouds and grasses would be a plus and is workable. I too, am a fan of leading line and need to work more in that area. I have decided to use this image as a composite with a few elements/subjects that are fitting to the environment, which I will post in a different thread. Thanks again, I appreciate the compliments/comments.
Dave
http://www.davechinn.com/

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by Duck » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:38 am

davechinn wrote:...Not knowing for sure what you were referring to as a headlong, I can only assume it is either the haloing along the top rail, or the long nail at the bottom of the top rail, or both. Either way I have made corrections to both. Thanks for pointing it out.
Dave

Damn autocorrect! :spank: :x :doh:
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImage

davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by davechinn » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:28 pm

Duck wrote:
davechinn wrote:...Not knowing for sure what you were referring to as a headlong, I can only assume it is either the haloing along the top rail, or the long nail at the bottom of the top rail, or both. Either way I have made corrections to both. Thanks for pointing it out.
Dave

Damn autocorrect! :spank: :x :doh:

Wasn't sure, but thought so.
Dave

David Alan Harvey

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by St3v3M » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:06 am

PietFrancke wrote:this works for me too. I think it is awesome. I DO however want to see just a hint more of that next post almost over the hill. ...

There are some amazing images on this forum, then there are ones like this that make you stop and stare!

I love this, I really love this, but wonder if just a hint more light would really set it off. WOW! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by davechinn » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:55 am

Thank you Steve !!! You and Piet are correct, it could use just a little more light. Appreciate your thoughts/comments.
Dave

David Alan Harvey