Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

― Scapes CritiquePhotography at sunset

Landscapes, cityscapes, skyscapes, seascapes, starscapes, panoramas
Onslow
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first

Photography at sunset

Post by Onslow »

A group of Adelaide based photographers visited our Whyalla camera club a yr or so ago. We took them to various locations. They were particularly taken with Wild Dog Hill. Whilst they were concentrating on the sunset, I was watching them and the sky behind them...

TomCofer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by TomCofer »

Nice catch of the... rainbow?

Interesting shot
Redneck Enthusiast Photographer on a shoestring budget.

thcofer@charter.net

Failure means you tried. Success means you need to set higher goals for yourself.

Onslow
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first

Post by Onslow »

TomCofer wrote:Nice catch of the... rainbow?

Interesting shot

Cheers Tom.
I was interested watching the photographers watching the sun go dow. None were paying attention to what was going on behind them. I've had this one printed large at around 40"x60". It came up beautifully. Even when I have printed on my 24" Epson, it still comes up a treat...
I've done variations without the cars and a few other things. I ran them past members of my photo group as an exercise in assessing images. 80 to 90 percent preferred the image with the cars in as they thought it contributed to the story. I tend to agree. As I said to Duck in another post, I tend not to add/remove things in my landscapes. Portraits though is a differrent matter...

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by LindaShorey »

Gorgeous light and how fun to see your mates all intent on their own photography. Also a great reminder to always look behind us when photographing sunsets :)
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by Duck »

Onslow wrote:...As I said to Duck in another post, I tend not to add/remove things in my landscapes. Portraits though is a different matter...

Well, technically, this can be considered a portrait. After all, the main subject are the people.

I absolutely LOVE the colors in the sky. Really amazing. I just wish your watermark didn't interfere with the main subject. Perhaps switching it to the other side?
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Facebook : Unitas Photography
Instagram : @unitasphotography
Tutorials ⇒ How to critique photos
NOTE: If you would like me specifically to critique your image, please let me know through a private message with a link to your post.

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M »

Onslow wrote:A group of Adelaide based photographers visited our Whyalla camera club a yr or so ago. We took them to various locations. They were particularly taken with Wild Dog Hill. Whilst they were concentrating on the sunset, I was watching them and the sky behind them...

I'd like to remove the cars, but otherwise it's a great catch. Thank you for sharing! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"