Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

― Scapes CritiqueDrainage Ditch

Landscapes, cityscapes, skyscapes, seascapes, starscapes, panoramas
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Drainage Ditch

Post by minniev »

You've seen a few others from my favorite drainage ditch over the years. This year there is a lot of algae over the water, which we usually see in spring but not fall. It did create a crazy quilt of colors. Taken about the same time of day as the one with the nice light that I posted a couple of days ago, but this one is in the shade. I'll try it in the morning if the weather cooperates, it's been raining for a couple of days but is clearing now.
Attachments
ditch (1 of 1).jpg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by PietFrancke »

glad the bad weather is lifting for you, yeah I'm used to algae blossoms in the spring also, perhaps things heated up after a cold spell or some such. You now have an island surrounded by green -- a night scene with fairies is coming!

Psjunkie
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie »

Can't wait...to see what y'all come up with

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

PietFrancke wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:47 am
glad the bad weather is lifting for you, yeah I'm used to algae blossoms in the spring also, perhaps things heated up after a cold spell or some such. You now have an island surrounded by green -- a night scene with fairies is coming!
A woods nymph maybe...

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

Psjunkie wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:01 am
Can't wait...to see what y'all come up with
I want to go back and try it in morning light, it may be better then.

uuglypher
Mentoris Dominus
Mentoris Dominus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by uuglypher »

Minnie:
I am looking forward to to the creative options that you, with your amazingly versatile coherent integration and coordination of visual perception with incremental intellectualization, will develop,. Min, the more I see of the fruits of your and Piet’s persistence in the efforts displayed in this and conceptually similar threads, the more my appreciation of the profound, functionally basic premise of Rudolph Arnheim’s life’s work - to pointedly and objectively affirm the mutual reinforcement of visual perception, artistic creativity, and intellectual growth. His thesis that, unlike in the classic Platonic and Aristotelian constructs in which there is a hierarchical ranking of visual perception > metaphoric “visualization” > thought/ intellectualization, the two basic realms of structural visualization and “abstract” intellectualization are, inescapably, mutually reinforcing and, of necessity, functionally intertwined and continually reinforced “mutual feed-back” phenomena.
This all, to my mind, is Armheim’s great contribution which, if more widely appreciated and internalized, would result in incredulity in and abhorance of the generation-long tendency to reduce or eliminate instruction and hands-on participation in the visual arts in elementary and secondary education.
Thinking, long and hard, on this much of last evening and night I have realized more clearly that your concern, Minnie, re: a requisite participation of the purposefully visually creative in discussion of the most important - and unfortunately politicized - problems of our times is, indeed, not just permissible, but profoundly necessary!

That you felt the need to pose your initial question merely, IMO, recognized the nonce societal urge toward compartmentalization and relegation of the capacity for visual perception on the one hand, and development of intellectual capacity
on the other hand as hierarchically ranked- rather than as interdependent phenomena.

So, thank you for your question! It encourage some needed more profound cogitation on my part!

Dave

uuglypher
Mentoris Dominus
Mentoris Dominus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by uuglypher »

uuglypher wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:36 pm
Minnie:
I am looking forward to to the creative options that you, with your amazingly versatile coherent integration and coordination of visual perception with incremental intellectualization, will develop,. Min, the more I see of the fruits of your and Piet’s persistence in the efforts displayed in this and conceptually similar threads, the more my appreciation of the profound, functionally basic premise of Rudolph Arnheim’s life’s work - to pointedly and objectively affirm the mutual reinforcement of visual perception, artistic creativity, and intellectual growth. His thesis that, unlike in the classic Platonic and Aristotelian constructs in which there is a hierarchical ranking of visual perception > metaphoric “visualization” > thought/ intellectualization, the two basic realms of structural visualization and “abstract” intellectualization are, inescapably, mutually reinforcing and, of necessity, functionally intertwined and continually reinforced “mutual feed-back” phenomena.
This all, to my mind, is Armheim’s great contribution which, if more widely appreciated and internalized, would result in incredulity in and abhorance of the generation-long tendency to reduce or eliminate instruction and hands-on participation in the visual arts in elementary and secondary education.
Thinking, long and hard, on this much of last evening and night I have realized more clearly that your concern, Minnie, re: a requisite participation of the purposefully visually creative in discussion of the most important - and unfortunately politicized - problems of our times is, indeed, not just permissible, but profoundly necessary!

That you felt the need to pose your initial question merely, IMO, recognized the nonce societal urge toward compartmentalization and relegation of the capacity for visual perception on the one hand, and development of intellectual capacity
on the other hand as hierarchically ranked- rather than as interdependent phenomena.

So, thank you for your question! It encourage some needed more profound cogitation on my part!

Dave
Uh oh...
I think I posted this in the wrong thread. It was meant to follow up on Min’s question posed elsewhere concerning the appropriateness of artists commenting on things political- but I suspect that our small community can deal with this error without missing-a- beat!??
Dave

Psjunkie
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus

Post by Psjunkie »

yep...no issue here at all Dave

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

uuglypher wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:44 pm
uuglypher wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:36 pm
Minnie:

Dave
Uh oh...
I think I posted this in the wrong thread. It was meant to follow up on Min’s question posed elsewhere concerning the appropriateness of artists commenting on things political- but I suspect that our small community can deal with this error without missing-a- beat!??
Dave
Of course we can deal with it! I will try to find a way to move it.

(And BTW I don't think it is an accident that the highest performing public elementary school in our state has been the one that has a fully integrated Arts curriculum infused into every subject. The students are from the same impoverished city as the lowest performing schools, and with the same ethnic/economic makeup.). What is the difference?