Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

― Scapes CritiqueQuiet Space

Landscapes, cityscapes, skyscapes, seascapes, starscapes, panoramas
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Quiet Space

Post by minniev »

PietFrancke wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:56 pm
Richie did good, like the brighter water and the reflection. It seems off a little however in that the snow/ice has mostly melted to slush there.. Perhaps make it ice again by sharpening that area. Love the Cold brightness of this image.
The slush was the natural state of things that morning but I'll always try an experiment. There had been warm temps in Aspen up until the snowstorm and freezing temps the night before. This water was all slush except that one area along the right edge where it was totally unfrozen and gave a clear reflection. That area bothered me but I wasn't sure what to do about it so left it along.

What I learned about ice: Ice does not give good reflections. Slush gives some reflections sort of like looking through frosted glass. Water gives great reflections if the water is still enough. The more the water moves, the worse the reflections.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

St3v3Murray
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by St3v3Murray »

minniev wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:06 pm
All suggestions appreciated.

I left the tall grasses in on the lower right because I don't think I can clone them out safely
The tall grasses add a sense of place, as if you're standing behind them. I vote to leave them in! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"