"Every moment and every event of every man's life on earth plants something in his soul." —Thomas Merton

― Scapes CritiqueSydney Walk

pop511
Mentoris Dominus
Mentoris Dominus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Sydney Walk

Post by pop511 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:52 am

To walk through any city and take pictures intensifies your feelings and for you Stateside, Appleton, Green Bay, L.A. and Chicago come to mind.
In Europe with it's ancient history is where this old man wants to spend the next 1000 years.
Sydney Tower.
When built, it was the tallest structure. These days, I am sure someone is looking out of his/her office window looking down on it. At the top of the tower there is a viewing platform and a revolving restaurant. Highlight on right side is not P/shopped. It's the sun shining through the leaves.
Turn around 180% and you are looking at the the Archibald Fountain. Lots of fun walking around it taking many pictures. In the background is St Mary's Cathedral.
High up on the hill in the old quarter is a place called Observatory Hill. The observatory is over 100 years and still being used. On top of the tower you can see a yellow ball. In the days of sail this was dropped at midday so that ships can obtain correct time if needed.
Attachments
Sydney_Tower_Small.jpg
Archibald _ &_Church_Small.jpg
Old_Observatory_Small_HDR1.jpg
ed davis

minniev
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister

Post by minniev » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:53 am

Nice architectural images to fill out our “tour of Sydney” . I especially like the last, because of the nice warm light splayed across the structure.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Psjunkie
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:19 pm

another nice series ed, no comment for improvement

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:12 pm

pop511 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:52 am
To walk through any city and take pictures intensifies your feelings and for you Stateside, Appleton, Green Bay, L.A. and Chicago come to mind.
In Europe with it's ancient history is where this old man wants to spend the next 1000 years.
Sydney Tower.
When built, it was the tallest structure. These days, I am sure someone is looking out of his/her office window looking down on it. At the top of the tower there is a viewing platform and a revolving restaurant. Highlight on right side is not P/shopped. It's the sun shining through the leaves.
Turn around 180% and you are looking at the the Archibald Fountain. Lots of fun walking around it taking many pictures. In the background is St Mary's Cathedral.
High up on the hill in the old quarter is a place called Observatory Hill. The observatory is over 100 years and still being used. On top of the tower you can see a yellow ball. In the days of sail this was dropped at midday so that ships can obtain correct time if needed.
Thank you for taking us with you! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

pop511
Mentoris Dominus
Mentoris Dominus

Post by pop511 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:57 am

Thanks for the nice comments.
Pics posted up as a walk around Sydney for you, out of towners....
ed davis