"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." —Arthur Ashe

Animals CritiqueGrazing

Images containing animals of any type; mammals, reptiles, amphibians, birds, fish, insects
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Grazing

Postby St3v3M » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:08 am

I try to ask myself what's the story here and who the main characters are, but mostly I wonder what helps the image and what doesn't.

I hope this helps! S-
Attachments
1 P7200038-2-16x9.jpg
1 P7200038-2-16x9.jpg (198.13 KiB) Viewed 98 times
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Postby LindaShorey » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:06 pm

St3v3M wrote:I try to ask myself what's the story here and who the main characters are, but mostly I wonder what helps the image and what doesn't.

I hope this helps! S-

Fantastic food for thought, Steve. Thank you! I downloaded and compared, tried additional crop to show just the cow on left with flower, and keep finding different stories. Your crop feels a little tight, so I'd probably try to extend the grass upwards a bit. Your version definitely emphasizes the "characters" whereas my original is more a sense of place. This exercise is a great example of how it's usually better to know what we're trying to say before we release the shutter, rather than after-the-fact :) Much appreciated!
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes

Postby St3v3M » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:16 pm

LindaShorey wrote:Fantastic food for thought, Steve. Thank you! I downloaded and compared, tried additional crop to show just the cow on left with flower, and keep finding different stories. Your crop feels a little tight, so I'd probably try to extend the grass upwards a bit. Your version definitely emphasizes the "characters" whereas my original is more a sense of place. This exercise is a great example of how it's usually better to know what we're trying to say before we release the shutter, rather than after-the-fact :) Much appreciated!

I'll be curious to see what you come up with! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Return to “Animals Critique”