Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting / Room General Discussions / Introduce yourself
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." - Leo Buscaglia

Image ProcessingMaking a Valentine Out of My Feet - Using Adobe Capture

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Making a Valentine Out of My Feet - Using Adobe Capture

Post by minniev » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:58 pm

I've been intrigued with Adobe Capture since I downloaded it, but am only beginning to discover its fun and use. If you have a smartphone, you oughta try it. I'd love to find out what others do with it.

Here's what it does: uses your phone as a vector converter to capture images that you then turn in shapes, patterns, brushes, color palettes, or 3D objects. https://www.adobe.com/products/capture.html

I've posted one already, where I took a picture of a building, turned it into a vector object and then into a brush that I used in a composite. Last night I decided to figure out the pattern part. I used a vintage valentine card, below, with the idea that I'd replace her skirt with a pattern I made. What you see in the pattern is my feet clad in brown socks, propped up on the desk in front of the computer, printer and lamp. I could then manipulate the kaleidoscope-ish way the pattern would be set up, tone it, twist it, scale it, and when done I let it find its own way into my CC library, where it would appear inside Photoshop as an option with other patterns. Then I masked it into the skirt. Granted, my skirt folds need improving, but my pattern creation worked and was fun. (I did another with a shot of the Rachel Maddow show but the colors didn't match as well, it was a cool pattern though).

I want next to explore color palettes but I hope someone will get into the sandbox with me.
Attachments
460fd508219ddca89942d96865fc517e.jpg
original valentine
val.jpg
a skirt made of feet
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Psjunkie
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:52 pm

Sorry no phone.....or any idea what you are talking about, nor do I see any feet but the the end result looks good..

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:05 pm

Psjunkie wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:52 pm
Sorry no phone.....or any idea what you are talking about, nor do I see any feet but the the end result looks good..
No phone? All us old folk need phones Frank!

Here is the pattern blown up larger. I crossed my ankles so I could drag my legs out to get that cross effect, but you can clearly see my old feet in brown striped socks. You can make out my printer behind. Other stuff is less clear.
Attachments
feet.jpg

PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by PietFrancke » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:30 pm

an interesting pattern for sure! Me and Frank ain't showin no feet though.
Ah, about the folds, one strategy would be to have multiple layers - a layer per plane of fabric - and use a mask and use warp or perspective to follow the forms.

Psjunkie
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:56 pm

not even with socks!!

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:09 pm

PietFrancke wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:30 pm
Ah, about the folds, one strategy would be to have multiple layers - a layer per plane of fabric - and use a mask and use warp or perspective to follow the forms.
The fun of it is making them on the fly so easily and having them move of their own accord from your phone into your Photoshop library.

I tried the puppet warp and no that did not work. I think it will take multiple layers that are "bent". Liquify maybe, if I knew how to use it. Then shadowing after the moving's done.

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:10 pm

Psjunkie wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:56 pm
not even with socks!!
Socks hide a multitude of ills...

PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by PietFrancke » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:25 pm

minniev wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:09 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:30 pm
The fun of it is making them on the fly so easily and having them move of their own accord from your phone into your Photoshop library.

I tried the puppet warp and no that did not work. I think it will take multiple layers that are "bent". Liquify maybe, if I knew how to use it. Then shadowing after the moving's done.
yeah, I get them confused.. I think liquify to pull and stretch them where they want and then a new layer for where-ever it gets overlayed and then paint in the shadows, I bet it would look pretty good.

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator

Post by minniev » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:35 pm

PietFrancke wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:25 pm

yeah, I get them confused.. I think liquify to pull and stretch them where they want and then a new layer for where-ever it gets overlayed and then paint in the shadows, I bet it would look pretty good.
More to learn.. will give a try.

I think you would enjoy the color palette feature of this ap. Unless you, like Frank, have no phone...If I didn't have one, I might be tempted to get one just to play with toys like this. I don't wanta really talk on it though.