The only person you should try to be better than is who you were yesterday. – unknown

Image ProcessingCorel Photo Mirage makes motion graphics easy

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Corel Photo Mirage makes motion graphics easy

Post by Duck » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:11 pm

I have been using Corel products since the early 90's with Corel Draw 2. It's a fantastic vector program and, for me, beats Adobe Illustrator hands down. Adobe Photoshop, on the other hand, tops Corel Paint. Last week I got a promo email for their latest product called Corel Photo Mirage which takes a regular static image and adds movement in a very simple and intuitive way. Here is a sample of what can be done. I used one of my images from my portfolio to test out their demo program (excuse their watermark).
Unitas_Photography-Rosso.gif
Rosso exploding wine
Unitas_Photography-Rosso.gif (9.9 MiB) Viewed 47 times
So here are some thoughts and questions I have;

The program is $70 and only does this one effect. It's cool and it makes creating these kinds of images super simple without having to capture video and playing with video loops and fades. I am thinking this might be a nice product I can offer to clients for use as a visual eye catcher for social media promotions (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest). I can see this getting played out in the near future if everyone jumps in on the fad. I am thinking about buying it but don't know if in the long run it's worth it. What are your thoughts? Would an image like this make you want to investigate the company using it further? Do you feel if you started seeing this too often it would lessen the visual impact? Even if this effect gets overplayed in the future, do you think it's worth pursuing this now?

No thoughts are too minor or inconsequential. I want to hear them.
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImage

PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by PietFrancke » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:53 pm

you know your clients - and your business, if you can draw in 70 bucks worth of business, then it is worth it. Perhaps even if you can draw in half of it, at least you will have a (perhaps temporary) attractive/cool image in your portfolio that might grab some attention.

And, you are an artist - meaning that your work will have an edge over most competition (at least for a while) - because you will be able to choose colors and moods and subjects (crossed blades in red perhaps) that Work. Like this image - it Works. And perhaps in the process, by adding masks or some post image processing technique that might be halfway automated, perhaps you could limit, isolate and control the effect.

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:53 am

I can see other uses for this, thank you for sharing! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"