"Photograph things you care about, not what you think others want to see. There is no substitution for passion." —Sarah Rice

Image ProcessingBaby step in PS: Ta Dah!

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Re: Baby step in PS: Ta Dah!

Post by Charles Haacker » Sat May 26, 2018 2:47 pm

Duck wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 2:24 pm
Matt Quinn wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 2:15 pm
Set up the tablet this morning and put the mouse aside. Started a tutorial; let's see where this goes.

Many thanks. Matt
Eh, forget the tutorial. With a tablet is all about getting used to it. Open up a blank document in Photoshop and just start messing around. Get a feel for the new coordination between hand and screen. That's the trickiest. The rest will fall in place,
I looked up tablets, I looked at a whole review, I looked at the prices, and concluded that I've done pretty well with years of practice to make complex selections with a mouse plus select and mask. I have often thought maybe a tablet would be great, but tooooo $pendy. (N)
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by Matt Quinn » Sat May 26, 2018 3:23 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 2:47 pm
Duck wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 2:24 pm
Matt Quinn wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 2:15 pm
Set up the tablet this morning and put the mouse aside. Started a tutorial; let's see where this goes.

Many thanks. Matt
Eh, forget the tutorial. With a tablet is all about getting used to it. Open up a blank document in Photoshop and just start messing around. Get a feel for the new coordination between hand and screen. That's the trickiest. The rest will fall in place,
I looked up tablets, I looked at a whole review, I looked at the prices, and concluded that I've done pretty well with years of practice to make complex selections with a mouse plus select and mask. I have often thought maybe a tablet would be great, but tooooo $pendy. (N)
I bought it when I still worked and had income and knew I wanted to do photography work when I fully retired. Now I have the time. Not the money. And the tablet. Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by Duck » Sat May 26, 2018 4:41 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 2:47 pm
Eh, fuggedaboutit! :goon:

Ebay was my friend on this one. Years ago I went cheap with a non Wacom tablet. The pen needed a battery, the tablet was large and bulky, it was very unwieldy but, like you, I felt I couldn't afford one of those fancy, expensive Wacoms. Then I found a small, gently used Wacom Bamboo on Ebay and won the bid at $49. That was... about a decade ago. I still use it. I loved it so much I bought a second one also for about $50 ($53 I believe). That one went to my work computer. Recently I bought a third, newer Wacom Art tablet and for some reason that has been giving me trouble. So much so that I switched back to my ten year old Bamboo.

They are out there at reasonable prices. You don't need a brand new one. Mine is the Bamboo MTE-450. It doesn't have all the functionality of newer tablets but it serves me well and I really don't miss the new features.

Just my two bits.
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImage

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by St3v3M » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:13 pm

So much to learn, and so much fun doing it! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"