"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." —Arthur Ashe

Image ProcessingMount St. Helens from Windy Ridge, Before and After from Jpeg.

Post-processing: Editing techniques, software, hardware and other resources. Chemical or digital.
From simple corrections to multi-layered edits, actions, tone mapping and more.
Charles Haacker
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Re: Mount St. Helens from Windy Ridge, Before and After from Jpeg.

Postby Charles Haacker » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:10 am

Psjunkie wrote:2009 after the rainstorm is exceptional Chuck, well done..

Thanks so much, Frank. I've been working on that picture off and on for 8 years to get it where it is now. I can also wish it were a raw file but the jpeg is not bad, especially considering it was a tiny-sensor Nikon P5000. :thanks:
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

Psjunkie
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Postby Psjunkie » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:11 am

Your work has paid off.

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes

Postby St3v3M » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:58 am

Charles Haacker wrote:... That picture was a gift. ...

Blessed! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Postby LindaShorey » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:22 am

Charles Haacker wrote: ...When the presentation is over the huge screen rises up, revealing enormous windows with a view of... But wait! It may be lifting! Everyone scrambles outside. The clouds lift juuuuuust enough, then the sun breaks through for, oh, 30 seconds, and that's it. Ya either got it or ya didn't. I think I did. :)
Your smiling tourists, with word bubbles, is a hoot! Fort McHenry* in Baltimore has similar end to presentation, where window curtains open to show a large U.S. flag on a tall pole by one of the fort's walls, while The Star Spangled Banner plays. It's super-memorable.

*"Fort McHenry is primarily known for the Battle of Baltimore during the War of 1812, when American troops stopped a British invasion. The battle inspired Francis Scott Key to pen what would become the national anthem"
http://baltimore.org/see-do/fort-mchenry
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

davechinn
Mentoris Quintus
Mentoris Quintus

Postby davechinn » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:36 pm

Thanks for sharing Chuck !!! I enjoyed the timeline stories along with the amazing pictures. Outstanding !!!
Dave

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Postby Charles Haacker » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:34 pm

LindaShorey wrote:Your smiling tourists, with word bubbles, is a hoot! Fort McHenry* in Baltimore has similar end to presentation, where window curtains open to show a large U.S. flag on a tall pole by one of the fort's walls, while The Star Spangled Banner plays. It's super-memorable.
*"Fort McHenry is primarily known for the Battle of Baltimore during the War of 1812, when American troops stopped a British invasion. The battle inspired Francis Scott Key to pen what would become the national anthem"
http://baltimore.org/see-do/fort-mchenry
Thanks so much for the link, Linda! The closest we ever got to Baltimore, in 2013, was Antietam (Sharpsburg). Daphne would have loved to have gone, more especially to see that RR museum as she was a lifelong train buff.
davechinn wrote:Thanks for sharing Chuck !!! I enjoyed the timeline stories along with the amazing pictures. Outstanding !!!
Dave
Thanks very much, Dave!
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

minniev
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Postby minniev » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:50 am

Charles Haacker wrote:Thanks, Steve. If you get a chance, GO! Johnston Ridge is easier to get to and has a better view right into the muzzle of the thing. There's also a swell museum there. Windy Ridge is really pretty undeveloped and harder to get to, but it has the view of Spirit Lake. It also took the brunt of the blast.
DSCN3350-2.BIG.jpg

The first two are nice images, well composed and well shot, and you've rescued them well from their unedited beginnings. That last one, though is something very special, with the massive mountain, the dramatic lighting and atmosphere. Outstanding. Well done, glad you finally brought that one out to share! (The image of you and Daphne is so sweet, too).
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Postby Charles Haacker » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:03 pm

minniev wrote:The first two are nice images, well composed and well shot, and you've rescued them well from their unedited beginnings. That last one, though is something very special, with the massive mountain, the dramatic lighting and atmosphere. Outstanding. Well done, glad you finally brought that one out to share! (The image of you and Daphne is so sweet, too).

Thanks, Minnie, but that's not me in that picture: it's our son, Matt. Matt did make a picture of us with my camera. Here 'tis...
DSCN3354-2-Edit.EM.jpg

Return to “Image Processing”