"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." —Arthur Ashe

Image ProcessingLIGHTROOM-ers, You Need To See This Tutorial!

Post-processing: Editing techniques, software, hardware and other resources. Chemical or digital.
From simple corrections to multi-layered edits, actions, tone mapping and more.
Charles Haacker
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

LIGHTROOM-ers, You Need To See This Tutorial!

Postby Charles Haacker » Thu May 11, 2017 8:09 pm

I came across Lightroom Coffee Break, a YouTube series of all-under-a-minute Lightroom tips that is very enLIGHTening (pun totally intended). Some of the tips you may already know but it never hurts to refresh, and they are all short enough that you can watch the whole series in a half hour. There is one specific tip, though, that I never thought possible so I immediately felt I needed to share!

Lightroom Coffee Break: Make Any Photo Look Like an Ansel Adams Masterpiece
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

Didereaux
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: LIGHTROOM-ers, You Need To See This Tutorial!

Postby Didereaux » Thu May 11, 2017 8:37 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:I came across Lightroom Coffee Break, a YouTube series of all-under-a-minute Lightroom tips that is very enLIGHTening (pun totally intended). Some of the tips you may already know but it never hurts to refresh, and they are all short enough that you can watch the whole series in a half hour. There is one specific tip, though, that I never thought possible so I immediately felt I needed to share!

Lightroom Coffee Break: Make Any Photo Look Like an Ansel Adams Masterpiece

I have run it 6 times and I still cannot understand what he say after control-alt-hift to get the Adams picture up! he drops his voice and changes pitch to where my el cheapo fake ear cannot amplify it.
There are no banal subjects in photography, but an infinite number of banal ways to illustrate them.

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby Duck » Fri May 12, 2017 3:13 am

You have to really look into what version of Lightroom you have. Older versions don't have that nifty Ansel Adams conversion preset. One way to find out is to look in the version number in the help menu and if it has the AA suffix you're good to go. :look: :dunce:
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImageImage

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby Duck » Fri May 12, 2017 4:10 pm

Duck wrote:...One way to find out is to look in the version number in the help menu and if it has the AA suffix you're good to go. :look: :dunce:

Yep, I checked mine... it has the SOL suffix. I'll need to update. :o
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImageImage

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Postby Charles Haacker » Fri May 12, 2017 5:05 pm

Didereaux wrote:I have run it 6 times and I still cannot understand what he say after control-alt-hift to get the Adams picture up! he drops his voice and changes pitch to where my el cheapo fake ear cannot amplify it.
Duck wrote:You have to really look into what version of Lightroom you have. Older versions don't have that nifty Ansel Adams conversion preset. One way to find out is to look in the version number in the help menu and if it has the AA suffix you're good to go. :look: :dunce:
Duck wrote:
Duck wrote:...One way to find out is to look in the version number in the help menu and if it has the AA suffix you're good to go. :look: :dunce:

You guys are hilarious. :rofl:

But seriously (really, not pulling legs or twisting tails or nothin' like that) I did run through the whole series in about 1/2 an hour and, for me anyway, about half the tips were ones I did not know. The sound quality varies a lot but I think once he got a headset mic it helped. :| (SOL suffix! :lol: )
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

Didereaux
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus

Postby Didereaux » Fri May 12, 2017 5:35 pm

Duck wrote:

Mine too. 'SOL' plain as day. Good news though, I won't have to buy a new ear and listen to that guy six more times!!!! :x :rofl:
There are no banal subjects in photography, but an infinite number of banal ways to illustrate them.

Didereaux
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus

Postby Didereaux » Fri May 12, 2017 5:37 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:
But seriously (really, not pulling legs or twisting tails or nothin' like that) I did run through the whole series in about 1/2 an hour and, for me anyway, about half the tips were ones I did not know. The sound quality varies a lot but I think once he got a headset mic it helped. :| (SOL suffix! :lol: )
[/quote]

But yes, there were some good tips in that series....and you are right about the microphone later on.

Return to “Image Processing”