Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

Places ShowcaseChihuly at Cheekwood

Location images not considered 'scapes; landmarks, towns and cities, parks, vacation locations, your house
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Chihuly at Cheekwood

Post by minniev »

uuglypher wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:21 pm
Among the many aspects of Chiluly’s work at which I marvel, not the least is how he manages to prepare those pieces for shipment!
In comparison my stone and glass pieces are clunky things easily protected by bubble wrap/ but these delicately complex accomplishments of Chiluly’s should simply boggle the mind of UPS or FedEx!!!
Dave
I agree. I did note one that had a broken tip on one long prong and wondered if it happened on this trip. Surely he sends his own crew to set them up and dismantle and pack them at the end.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

uuglypher
Mentoris Tribunus
Mentoris Tribunus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by uuglypher »

Hey, Min,
I need help with my -evidentlyfaulty- geography.
You mentioned “Cheekwood” in a way that suggested to me that it was located close by to where you live in MS . Then I discovered ( from a post in “some other forum”) that it is in Tennessee. For some reason I have labored under the (mis...?) understanding that you live in southern end of MS with ready access to New Orleans.
Please help me out. Where in the State of Mississippi do you live... and - perhaps as a lagniappe- you could throw in where your historically significant family’s farm and the now-famous “dam” are located! Maybe it’s just me, but it means a lot to me knowing where my friends -as well as locales they often mention are located.
And was the show of your dam bird images at Cheekwood?

I’ve already been geographically up-dated by Piet, but Frank, I’d sure appreciate a similar “ Here’s where I am on the face of the Earth” from you as well!

As for the Graham’s, we are in South Dakota within a few miles of halfway between the Equator and the North Pole and about 15 miles west of the Minnesota border.
If any of you ever expect to be in the neighborhood, drop me line and I’ll Eagerly provide more specific directions!

Thanks. And best t’ye. Stay safe!
Dave

Psjunkie
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus

Post by Psjunkie »

uuglypher wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:02 am
Hey, Min,
You mentioned “Cheekwood” in a way that suggested to me that it was located close by to where you live in MS . Then I discovered ( from a post in “some other forum”) that it is in Tennessee. For some reason I have labored under the (mis...?) understanding that you live in southern end of MS with ready access to New Orleans.
Please help me out. Where in the State of Mississippi do you live... and - perhaps as a lagniappe- you could throw in where your historically significant family’s farm and the now-famous “dam” are located! Maybe it’s just me, but it means a lot to me knowing where my friends -as well as locales they often mention are located.

I’ve already been geographically up-dated by Piet, but Frank, I’d sure appreciate a similar “ Here’s where I am on the face of the Earth” from you as well!

As for the Graham’s, we are in South Dakota within a few miles of halfway between the Equator and the North Pole and about 15 miles west of the Minnesota border.
If any of you ever expect to be in the neighborhood, drop me line and I’ll Eagerly provide more specific directions!

Dave
Simply San Antonio.....

uuglypher
Mentoris Tribunus
Mentoris Tribunus

Post by uuglypher »

Hi, Frank,
SanAntonio?
I do love that city. When We lived in College Station O was selling my stone and glass art out of Monte Wade’s gallery in La Villita! Dinner followed by a concert along the Riverwalk!! Damn, they are wonderful memories!
I also used to do consulting pathology work for the S.A. Zoo.
Love that city!
Dave

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

uuglypher wrote:
Hey, Min,

Dave
Cheekwood is indeed in Nashville. My oldest son lives there, and since the pandemic that is the closest thing to a vacation or trip I can have. This was the first time any of the amenities in Nashville have been open so we took advantage. It will still be up in December when we go back, so we hope to do a night tour there, I bet the outdoor stuff is pretty interesting lit up at night.

I actually live "out from" Brandon , a middle sized city which is "out from" the state capitol of Jackson. My country house is "out from" Sallis (population 112), about 50 miles from my "regular" house.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

A boatful of glass.
Attachments
boatful (1 of 1).jpg

uuglypher
Mentoris Tribunus
Mentoris Tribunus

Post by uuglypher »

minniev wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:12 pm
uuglypher wrote:
Hey, Min,

Dave
Cheekwood is indeed in Nashville. My oldest son lives there, and since the pandemic that is the closest thing to a vacation or trip I can have. This was the first time any of the amenities in Nashville have been open so we took advantage. It will still be up in December when we go back, so we hope to do a night tour there, I bet the outdoor stuff is pretty interesting lit up at night.

I actually live "out from" Brandon , a middle sized city which is "out from" the state capitol of Jackson. My country house is "out from" Sallis (population 112), about 50 miles from my "regular" house.
Thank you, Min. It’s good to know where you are after all this time!
Dave

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

The biggest glass art thing.
Attachments
luke (1 of 1).jpg