Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

Places ShowcaseHottest City on Earth

Location images not considered 'scapes; landmarks, towns and cities, parks, vacation locations, your house
pop511
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Hottest City on Earth

Post by pop511 »

Today we have been told that Sydney is the hottest city on the planet with temperatures of 48.5C
Picture taken near front door. Was informed about 4 days ago that If you placed the fires on a map that was 1 to 1 ratio with Europe. Europe would now cease to exist.
The fires have not stopped and are getting worse. Navy ships and helicopters have been called in to evacuate people from coastal towns and inland. Some towns in the daylight today are "totally black" with dust and ash.
Attachments
003 -1.jpg
ed davis

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

pop511 wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:41 am
Today we have been told that Sydney is the hottest city on the planet with temperatures of 48.5C
Picture taken near front door. Was informed about 4 days ago that If you placed the fires on a map that was 1 to 1 ratio with Europe. Europe would now cease to exist.
The fires have not stopped and are getting worse. Navy ships and helicopters have been called in to evacuate people from coastal towns and inland. Some towns in the daylight today are "totally black" with dust and ash.
It breaks my heart to see what is happening to your country. This is a beautiful but terribly sad photo. I don’t think there is enough attention being paid to this massive disaster. I blame the leadership everywhere, and the media.

Please keep us advised. Our hearts are with you..
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

pop511
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus

Post by pop511 »

Thx Minnie:
To give some scale to what has happened here so far, international media outlets have been reporting the 2018 California fires burnt 2 million acres; the 2019 Amazon fires 2.2 million; and the 2019 Siberian fires 6.7 million.
So far Australia's 2019/20 fires have burnt 12 million acres.
ed davis

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by PietFrancke »

I am sorry for what your country is seeing. I did not know about the 6.7 million acres in Siberia, I fear our heads are being kept in the sand. In this country the fires in California are blamed on those that live there. I feel sorry for all of us - I'm sure lots of water will put out the fires, at least in those places of low elevation.

pop511
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus

Post by pop511 »

Sydney is on water rations..They estimate they need 2in of rain over 3-4 days to put it out. Another 2 million acres added to above tally. Fires creating their own weather patterns. Brown/red skies from fires in New Zealand.
ed davis

Psjunkie
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie »

Just horrible to hear and the loss of wild life is terrible not to mention the human factor....thoughts are with you