"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." — Thomas Alva Edison

Places Showcase"Your Kind Is Not Welcome Here"

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Re: "Your Kind Is Not Welcome Here"

Post by Charles Haacker » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:13 pm

minniev wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:29 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:30 am
Charles Haacker wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:04 am
That's the whole thing about PC; touchy..... I bet I don't have to tell you we got Panama...
Chuck, I hope that fever of yours is long gone. BTW, I enjoy immensely your well thought out and in depth analysis - I read and treasure each of your words perhaps in a similar fashion as I do Duck's words when he puts on his Mentoris hat.
Ditto here. We are the lucky purveyors here of so much rich thought, deep knowledge and skill. Though the village is small, it is remarkable. As someone who loves words as much as pictures, it is a special blessing.
Thanks for your well-wishes and kind words about my wordswordswordswordswordswordswordswor... oops. :oops: My fever is gone but I have bronchitis exacerbated by my chronic asthma so yeck. I appreciate your patience with me never shutting up. I may indeed preach to the choir because so far folks have been patient and kind and I haven't felt the need to pick up a hymnal as they are not bulletproof.
minniev wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:40 pm
Duck wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:17 am
In retrospect, I am glad I never posted it. Do I find it funny still? You bet, but more as a slap in the face of all the PCers that are overly touchy. I do recognize the thin line delineating vulgarity from polite conversation and I steer clear of any vulgarity or hate speech. I have little tolerance for hate and I often kid that I'm color blind, even if I'm sometimes naive about it....

Basically, I'm a mutt once you add my maternal grandmother's Irish heritage. :headshot:
Most of us are mutts if we're honest about it, though some of our more interesting ancestry may be further back in time.

I'm pretty sure we are preaching to the choir here because we appear to have assembled here a group of folk who are not extreme in either direction but find the beauty in diversity whether it's in photos or philosophy or origins. That is a blessing for me I know. But overall, I do see a slippage that I'd call "permission to hate". It is a stance that will burn itself out eventually but will probably be replaced with an extreme on the other end of things, still missing the point that we are more alike than not, and that we are all in the same boat, floating through an endless universe on a bright blue ball that needs our stewardship, not our disregard, simply because we cannot make another if we break this one.
The whole "pure blood" thing is utter tripe. I think the "permission to hate" is backlash that will eventually die down and hopefully one day be looked back on as a weird anomaly, but we are still so close to the Civil War and slavery and Jim Crow and so many other things that we cannot yet look back on as the bizarre but appalling anomalies they were. If we manage to not kill ourselves and the Big Asteroid don't hit or Yellowstone blow up or whatever I think we will eventually get past it, but it's that slow-turning wheel thing. We won't see it; our children won't see it; best we can hope for is our grandchildren and their children begin to see it. And it will require work! No one will be able to sit back and say, "Not my fault, not my problem." Every person will have to roll up their sleeves and pitch in.
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|