Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

Places ShowcaseFannye Cook

Location images not considered 'scapes; landmarks, towns and cities, parks, vacation locations, your house
rmalarz
Mentoris Quintus
Mentoris Quintus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Re: Fannye Cook

Post by rmalarz »

That is very cool, minnie.
--Bob
There is no CTRL-Z in the wet.
Lifetime member Royal Photographic Society

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by minniev »

uuglypher wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:19 pm
minniev wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:18 am
uuglypher wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:24 am
It must feel satisfying, Min, to take place among the conservation- concerned individuals who have had and are having active roles in conserving /protecting your State’s wildlife resources in a direct line from Fanny Cooke’s innovative and gender novel leadership!
Not only your family and friends, but MISSISSIPPIANS-at-large should be proud of you!

Dave
I just hope we can find a way to persuade them to make it more available. This group has never been in charge of an actual land resource. They are terrified of what they have in their hands.
“ They are terrified of what they have in their hands.”

..and, IMO, there’s no more sure way to asssure group awareness of the need for collective acceptance of proactive responsibility! It’s important in so many realms of concern in which the potential role of the individual is so easily shrugged off - from wildlife and environmental conservation to civil and human rights! Kudos to those promoting not only individual but also group proactivity in ALL such realms!
We’re proud of you, Min!
Dave
I’m not sure where my path with these ladies will lead, but I’m on it and shall remain so. There is also a much better photographer than I who is pushing for opening the area as well, Michel Turner, who is by far the best bird photographer in the state. The new “owners” have interesting long range goals but no real intermediate plan for how to get there. The reserve is gorgeous, with hardwood forest, lots of swamp and an extended riverfront.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by minniev »

rmalarz wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:04 pm
That is very cool, minnie.
--Bob
Thanks, Bob!