Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting / Room General Discussions / Introduce yourself
“Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.” ― Pablo Picasso

Animals ShowcaseBeauty in the Marsh

PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Beauty in the Marsh

Post by PietFrancke » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:07 pm

minniev wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:32 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:46 am
holy cow! Thank you Frank and Minnie, your words are uplifting. Today was rough for me, just didn't feel like making use of free time to study. At least I had the energy to practice basic photo editing!

Here is the Marsh Angel - Angel of death for fish and amphibians I am sure - though he looks a little skinny,,

marshAngel.jpg..
I love the marsh angel too. This is my kind of bird, of course, the elegant white egret, and against a much lovelier backdrop than the ones I know so well. Very beautiful. Frank's delicate edit is a nice addition. Wonderful.

Sometimes we burn out on the study thing and have to DO stuff for a while to refuel. When I got back into the studying last week, I over did it, and now I'm dreaming of color palettes and shapes and shading, and not in a good way. I need to ration things out better.
good and helpful. Will be better when I don't feel so Lazy!

pop511
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus

Post by pop511 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:47 pm

Number1 for me. Love the P/S work
ed davis

PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by PietFrancke » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:43 pm

pop511 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:47 pm
Number1 for me. Love the P/S work
Thanks Ed, LOL, number 1 it is!

PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by PietFrancke » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:38 pm

the wind is roaring and the temperature is around 18. I had to lay down and rest the lens on a rock. The wind is blowing across the bay and I am assuming that fish are being forced into the shore - all I know is we went to see the spray and saw the gulls hovering over the shoreline. Those birds must be incredibly hardy, I couldn't stand it and found myself just holding my breath - I'm glad I didn't pass out!
harsh1.jpg
harsh2.jpg

Psjunkie
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:59 pm

you must be fairly hardy yourself Piet...nice shots I like 'em both

PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by PietFrancke » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:15 pm

Psjunkie wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:59 pm
you must be fairly hardy yourself Piet...nice shots I like 'em both
No, not at all, I am just willing to endure pain and have a lot of Stupid in me. Thank you Frank.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:25 am

PietFrancke wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:38 pm
the wind is roaring and the temperature is around 18. I had to lay down and rest the lens on a rock. The wind is blowing across the bay and I am assuming that fish are being forced into the shore - all I know is we went to see the spray and saw the gulls hovering over the shoreline. Those birds must be incredibly hardy, I couldn't stand it and found myself just holding my breath - I'm glad I didn't pass out!

harsh1.jpgharsh2.jpg
You’ve done a good job of stuffing the weather conditions into the images. I feel the cold, the wind, the biting touch of the winter salt air on my fac, even the power the birds are fighting in order to stay on course. These are storytelling images, with a strong sense of place. And your weather is worse than ours, we are at least 10 degrees warmer!
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by PietFrancke » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:24 am

minniev wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:25 am
PietFrancke wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:38 pm

harsh1.jpgharsh2.jpg
You’ve done a good job of stuffing the weather conditions into the images. I feel the cold, the wind, the biting touch of the winter salt air on my fac, even the power the birds are fighting in order to stay on course. These are storytelling images, with a strong sense of place. And your weather is worse than ours, we are at least 10 degrees warmer!

thanks Min, you convinced me it was worth trying for a more artistic rendition of it hopefully not losing the story.

hungry, cold, tired,
I fight for life and honor
face always upwind
upwind.jpg

Psjunkie
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:34 am

Absolutely beautiful Piet....I realize this is showcase but I'd like to see those clouds right a touch softer..my eye is drawn to them because of their distinctive(noticeable) edges.

PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by PietFrancke » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:47 am

Psjunkie wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:34 am
Absolutely beautiful Piet....I realize this is showcase but I'd like to see those clouds right a touch softer..my eye is drawn to them because of their distinctive(noticeable) edges.
hey thanks Frank, I appreciate that. I tried to draw the eye to the birds and shot myself in the foot a little with that one!