Animals Showcasethree from today

PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

three from today

Post by PietFrancke » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:49 pm

was a nice day and we went to the beach - saw an oystercatcher and an eagle, was surprised both times.

could have gotten closer to the eagle, but damn battery went dead on me - that will teach me!!
Attachments
oysterCatcherS.jpg
eagle.jpg
ChincoteagueBeachS.jpg

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by Matt Quinn » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:19 am

Piet, The third is entrancing. Great lines, mysterious footsteps disappearing into the mist, birds in the search, soft and muted tones. Grand. Thank you for showing this. Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

Psjunkie
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by Psjunkie » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:09 pm

I Like them all Piet but #3 for me also... a wonderful capture and presentation....

davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by davechinn » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:33 pm

PietFrancke wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:49 pm
was a nice day and we went to the beach - saw an oystercatcher and an eagle, was surprised both times.

could have gotten closer to the eagle, but damn battery went dead on me - that will teach me!!

Piet, will have to agree, all three are well composed and excellent images, but the third one is by far the winner of the three, IMO !!! Hopefully, you'll visit the beach on a regular basis.
Dave
http://www.davechinn.com/

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by LindaShorey » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:31 pm

The oystercatcher looks like it just finished a very, very messy feast of a buffet! Eagle looks like it would like to be elsewhere (warmer, sunnier). #3 is stunning, mesmerizing!
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by PietFrancke » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:18 pm

thanks Matt, Frank, Dave, Linda -- 1, and 2 were documentation of things I had not seen before. 3 was a dream/mood interpretation of what might have been. The birds were shot the same morning, the attached is what I started with after ACR processing of raw file. It seemed boring and washed out. I tried to maintain reality a little bit but also I emphasized the differences in tone between the "dunes" and attempted to draw a line (using the birds) from detail to mystery..

Anyway, many might say it was cheating like hell, but I enjoyed trying to give it whatever magic my skills would let me.
beachStart.jpg

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by LindaShorey » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:30 pm

PietFrancke wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:18 pm
thanks Matt, Frank, Dave, Linda -- 1, and 2 were documentation of things I had not seen before. 3 was a dream/mood interpretation of what might have been. The birds were shot the same morning, the attached is what I started with after ACR processing of raw file. It seemed boring and washed out. I tried to maintain reality a little bit but also I emphasized the differences in tone between the "dunes" and attempted to draw a line (using the birds) from detail to mystery..

Anyway, many might say it was cheating like hell, but I enjoyed trying to give it whatever magic my skills would let me.

beachStart.jpg
I have to admit I wondered if the birds were added :D I don't really want to pick apart shots like that, though, especially when offered in showcase not critique. So I'm trying to train myself to enjoy the mood and the photographer's vision first and foremost. In that regard, it was an A++ experience!!
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by PietFrancke » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:19 pm

LindaShorey wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:30 pm
PietFrancke wrote:

beachStart.jpg
I have to admit I wondered if the birds were added :D I don't really want to pick apart shots like that, though, especially when offered in showcase not critique. So I'm trying to train myself to enjoy the mood and the photographer's vision first and foremost. In that regard, it was an A++ experience!!
Hey Linda, don't ever hesitate to ask/comment if curious or if something struck you.. It helps me very much to see my work through other eyes. I know what it looks like to ME! LOL - Frankly, I was not sure that I handled the birds ok, I liked them compositionally - but was definitely wondering if I got away with it.

davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by davechinn » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:52 pm

PietFrancke wrote:

beachStart.jpg

Piet, I would not consider #3 as cheating. It's art, to my eye and a fine one at that. Upon first look it never occurred to me as a composite. Now knowing and taking a closer look, I see that it's so well done I wouldn't think otherwise. Very well done IMO !!!
Dave
http://www.davechinn.com/

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by Matt Quinn » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:44 am

I agree with David and Linda. You created a beauty. Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin