Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

Animals ShowcaseBear hold a particular fasination for me

Images containing animals of any type; mammals, reptiles, amphibians, birds, fish, insects
Bobby Deal
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Re: Bear hold a particular fasination for me

Post by Bobby Deal »

WesternGuy wrote:Jeff, very nice images. If you want to photograph more bears up close, you might look at some of the trips to places in Alaska like Lake Clark National Park and Preserve. I was there last year photographing grizzlies and it was a fantastic experience. For some reason, they ignore people and simply do their thing. It was great to watch them chomping up the grass in the meadows behind the beach and then digging for clams when the tide went out. At times we were less than 100 yards from them and they simply ignored us.

WesternGuy

Hi Western Guy, welcome to photoMentoris it is good to see you here. When I lived in the foot hills of North East Colorado we had several black bears that would come onto our property every fall for the berries. It was always great fun to just sit and watch them and they would often times be 30 yards or less away and would simply ignore us. It was as if they just new there was no threat to them.

Bobby Deal - Commercial Photographer

MY SMUGMUG GALLERIES

"The only photographer we ought compare ourselves to is the one we used to be"

PhotoMentoris- "A diverse artistic community dedicated to a culture of photographic education, sharing and creative tolerance"