"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." —Arthur Ashe

Animals ShowcaseAireDale Terrier playdate gathering

Images containing animals of any type; mammals, reptiles, amphibians, birds, fish, insects
Onslow
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first

AireDale Terrier playdate gathering

Postby Onslow » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:14 pm

Some of you would be aware that I own dogs. I love my dogs of all shapes and sizes. I have two Airedale Terriers myself as well as a Jack Russell Terrier. I am also a member of the Australian Airedale Rescue Organisation, AireNet. We recently held a members playdate for our dogs so I travelled 250miles each way for a couple of hrs at the play date. A few other breeds were there as well...

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

Didereaux
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: AireDale Terrier playdate gathering

Postby Didereaux » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:50 pm

Looks like a fun day. Glad to meet another dog appreciater. I like dogs a lot more than people...a lot more. :)

Now as to the shots themselves here's my take:

#1 Just a very pleasing shot. Would make an excellent photo for a dog oriented magazine. Definitely a Cover quality shot. HAs everything from great expression to involvement, and a distinct subject. Kudos

#3 this is a good action/inter-action shot but needed to be shot more to camera right, and angled toward the main dog.

#5 Needs to have been shot a little further away and/or from a lower angle so that the front paws are not cut off.

#6 Simply needs to have been shot from a lower angle.

#7 Nice owner and dog shot. Some exposure tweak would aid it.

#9 should have been reframed so as not to cut off the left dogs rear.

#11 If cropped in to the head, ears and collar (thus removing the handlers leg) this would be a very nice portrait.
There are no banal subjects in photography, but an infinite number of banal ways to illustrate them.

TomCofer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby TomCofer » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:07 pm

I'm sure John doesn't mind, but just a reminder:

Member's Showcase :
"No critiquing allowed. Showcase your work without fear of criticism. If you are looking to advance through critical analysis of your images then post in the Critic's Corner."

One of the reasons this site was created was because the founders wanted a site where a person could submit their photos for critiquing and a separate area where they could share their photos for viewing without critiquing. Even those of us that were here at the start forget where we're at from time to time though. :)
Redneck Enthusiast Photographer on a shoestring budget.

thcofer@charter.net

Failure means you tried. Success means you need to set higher goals for yourself.

TomCofer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby TomCofer » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:09 pm

Looks like a fun day John.

thcofer@charter.net

Failure means you tried. Success means you need to set higher goals for yourself.

Didereaux
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus

Postby Didereaux » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:17 am

TomCofer wrote:I'm sure John doesn't mind, but just a reminder:

Member's Showcase :
"No critiquing allowed. Showcase your work without fear of criticism. If you are looking to advance through critical analysis of your images then post in the Critic's Corner."

One of the reasons this site was created was because the founders wanted a site where a person could submit their photos for critiquing and a separate area where they could share their photos for viewing without critiquing. Even those of us that were here at the start forget where we're at from time to time though. :)

I am well aware of all that TOm. I saw the Showcase & Critique part of the address and missed the Members Showcase part. Glad to see you putting your 'jailer' skills to good use though while you're off work.
There are no banal subjects in photography, but an infinite number of banal ways to illustrate them.

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Postby Duck » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:25 am

Play nice guys. It's easy to lose track of where images are posted. A simple apology is all that's needed. I've done my share of critiquing in the wrong threads myself.
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImageImage

Onslow
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: Yes, you can edit but ask me first

Postby Onslow » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:57 am

I appreciate all of the comments guys. :) With the play date, the session was merely as a record of the event, not artistic considerations were given. I do still consider the comments by Didereaux quite valid. If there was a formal paid event, they would be different. These are just images I liked. :) I do #1 and #8 though. They do appeal to me. :)
With so many images to post, it can be difficult to properly critique them hence the decision to put them in Members Showcase.
Again, thank you all.. :)

TomCofer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Postby TomCofer » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:59 am

Didereaux wrote:I am well aware of all that TOm. I saw the Showcase & Critique part of the address and missed the Members Showcase part. Glad to see you putting your 'jailer' skills to good use though while you're off work.

Sorry, it really wasn't intended as a slap or anything, just a reminder. Most of us has overlooked the section that we are in when placing a comment.
"jailer skills" :lol:

thcofer@charter.net

Return to “Animals Showcase”