"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." —Arthur Ashe

Animals ShowcaseBB

Images containing animals of any type; mammals, reptiles, amphibians, birds, fish, insects
Didereaux
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

BB

Postby Didereaux » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:08 pm

Middle-aged now, and quite comfortable with it. ;)

There are no banal subjects in photography, but an infinite number of banal ways to illustrate them.

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Re: BB

Postby Duck » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:18 pm

Beautiful dog. I wouldn't mind seeing the eyes brightened a bit (just like any other portrait).
I never had the patience for pets but I can appreciate good breeds. German Shepherds, Dobermans and Pointers are some of my favorites.
This is the kind of photo I request when someone asks me to tattoo a portrait of their pet. What I get... that's a different story :(

Thanks for sharing.
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImageImage

Didereaux
Mentoris Sextus
Mentoris Sextus
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Postby Didereaux » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:55 pm

Duck wrote:Beautiful dog. I wouldn't mind seeing the eyes brightened a bit (just like any other portrait).
I never had the patience for pets but I can appreciate good breeds. German Shepherds, Dobermans and Pointers are some of my favorites.
This is the kind of photo I request when someone asks me to tattoo a portrait of their pet. What I get... that's a different story :(

Thanks for sharing.

Played with it...how's this?

I am not exagerating in the slightest when I say that I like dogs better than humans. All dogs are not 'good', maybe 3 out of 4, but I doubt that 1 in 5 humans can be so classified. Why Nature came to such a state is beyond my knowledge, or intellctual powers, but nearly 70 years of observation of both species has convinced me of its accuracy. As for German Shepherds? If you have one then you are in possession of animal with the mind equal to a 3 year old human....in other words you had better keep your wits about you, and your energy levels up. ;) Although the Border Collie is prbably somewhat smarter (in language understanding), they do not have the same levels of loyalty, and diverse skills and interests of the GS. No matter, either are the best companions 'man' could ask for.

There are no banal subjects in photography, but an infinite number of banal ways to illustrate them.

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Postby Duck » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:05 pm

You didn't have to re-edit. It was just an observation. I know this isn't the critique boards. But, yes, I like it much better. There's a sparkle there. :thumbup:

As for personalities, I agree that dogs are better than people. But even a bad dog is because of their owners and not because of the dog. My opinion.

I knew a retired police officer who took his K-9 with him upon retirement. He and his wife went out to dinner. When they came home they weren't greeted by their dog in his normal fashion so he told his wife to call for backup while he cleared the house. Long story short, he found a burglar up on his kitchen counter cornered by his very well trained K-9 Shepherd. The burglar was very happy to see the owner in order to call off the dog.

My dentist is a retired Marine with a very well trained German Shepherd. That dog would not go through specific doors in his office because they were off limits to animals. He was also very protective of the female staffers in his office. You could tell just by certain body actions when people were around. Awesome dog. Unfortunately he lost the dog in a house fire this past Christmas. He's still grieving.

Yeah, dogs are very special.
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Animals Showcase”