Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

Animals Showcasestockpiliing matters

Images containing animals of any type; mammals, reptiles, amphibians, birds, fish, insects
PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

stockpiliing matters

Post by PietFrancke »

this started as an effort to turn a bird into a brush, but you know how things go sideways sometimes..
Attachments
softOnesS.jpg

Psjunkie
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie »

Wonderful image..

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by PietFrancke »

Psjunkie wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:20 am
Wonderful image..
thank you Frank - the bird is in no distress, I just rotated the image, she was climbing down the tree.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

PietFrancke wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:06 am
this started as an effort to turn a bird into a brush, but you know how things go sideways sometimes..
Another beauty! You really have the bird thing going on beautifully. If the world survives, you need a place to exhibit them.

I will wait to see how on earth this one could be turned into a brush.. perhaps she refused to be turnt.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by PietFrancke »

minniev wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:35 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:06 am
Another beauty! You really have the bird thing going on beautifully. If the world survives, you need a place to exhibit them.

I will wait to see how on earth this one could be turned into a brush.. perhaps she refused to be turnt.
some day I will try. I was going to use filters to make it look painted in color (the head area), and filters to make it look "drawn" with lines and such, in B/W only in the rump. Then I was going to take a picture of my hand with a paint brush holding it such that it looked like I was painting the area that was "drawn".

And then I was going to replace the brush part of the brush, with the tail feathers of a different bird. Needless to say I was quickly overwhelmed!!!

I am sure the world and the people in it will survive - I just pray that over time we can learn to be less stupid and less greedy. But rest assured that the world as we know it (with a lot of travel and social interactions) will have severe changes.

But for sure, because of ego, stupidity, a lack of willingness to recognize truth, and a number of other factors - many people are going to suffer harshly. My recommendation to you and others that are older (including myself), is that you will need to be willing to isolate yourself as much as possible and for as long as possible to attempt to survive as long as you can.

Perhaps a focus can be reapplied onto truth and science rather than self serving politics. Perhaps we will have cures for cancer and the common cold and global warming. Perhaps we can learn that lies and stupidity will only get you so far.

Here is a story that just took place in WV. One guy tested positive for CV. The wife has symptoms but has not yet been able to get herself tested. Regarding her husband she was told to contact one place (at a state level). There she was told to contact someone at a local level - and back and forth it went. Finally someone called back and confirmed that the husband was tested positive. She is now (on her own) creating a list of all places and people she interacted with - but as far as I can tell she is doing this kind of tracking on her own.

Besides have a broken testing system, I believe that no one has stepped up to the plate regarding organized tracking. So we basically (as a nation), are woefully unprepared for this and we are (even now) doing little to mitigate what is taking place.

For instance - Italy has run out of doctors and nurses and is trying to get it's 10,000 student population into their medical workforce ASAP. Yesterday was the time for our nation to begin a similar effort - our medical students should be doing on-the-job-training in our hospitals as of yesterday... I have no confidence that our current administration is considering things like this. There are a million things that can and should be done - well perhaps they are starting to recognize that there is a problem going on - the wheels move so slowly...

Ultimately, everyone will need to stay away from everyone else for an entire month, but that won't happen. Rather, everyone will (at some point in time) get this virus, and then as individuals, we will either survive or die. I am attempting self isolation to the greatest degree to survive as long as I possibly can. But my wife is more of a social type person, so I am sure we are doomed to having to "roll the dice" - I just want that to be later rather than sooner. There is no way that this will be contained - and yet in theory, if everyone "Froze" for a month, even now, it Could be contained.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

It would take military occupation to force isolation here. Most people do not see beyond what they want right now. They alter reality to fit that. We have no leadership. I cannot see an end to this that is not a horror movie. It appears that almost nothing is being done, just spinning in place, making false promises.

My biggest loss is that I cannot be with my children and grandchildren. That causes me to lose the will to fight. I am 70 with health challenges, so there is little chance I'd survive a serious onslaught.

I have a European friend whose daughter has just finished medical school classes and was scheduled to begin her first internship in Italy last week. Of course that did not happen. Instead, she is running the orthopedic ward in a hospital in Belgium to free up more experienced doctors to work with the critically ill.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by PietFrancke »

minniev wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:29 pm
It would take military occupation to force isolation here. Most people do not see beyond what they want right now. They alter reality to fit that. We have no leadership. I cannot see an end to this that is not a horror movie. It appears that almost nothing is being done, just spinning in place, making false promises.

My biggest loss is that I cannot be with my children and grandchildren. That causes me to lose the will to fight. I am 70 with health challenges, so there is little chance I'd survive a serious onslaught.

I have a European friend whose daughter has just finished medical school classes and was scheduled to begin her first internship in Italy last week. Of course that did not happen. Instead, she is running the orthopedic ward in a hospital in Belgium to free up more experienced doctors to work with the critically ill.
In China - assuming we can believe them, they do not have freedom and their government took the necessary steps to protect their population. In America, we believe in freedom. But Freedom must be used responsibly. If we use our Freedom with selfishness and stupidity, then perhaps the argument will be made in the future that we do not deserve it, that it is too costly, and we will gladly give it up. This I do not want, because Freedom is precious. But when this is over, personal losses aside, if China loses 5,000-10,000 people, and the United States loses a million... well let's just say that it would not be a report card to be proud of.

Those that invite death in are either stupid, selfish, or monstrous.

Do not lose the will to fight - we really do not know what tomorrow will bring. In my cynical mind, we tend to not cure diseases because it is more profitable to toy with them. This has the potential to change that. Indeed we are in a war, a war against the virus, but also we are in a war against stupidity and selfishness. You need to stay alive to fight that war - and there will come a time when you will be with your family again. You just have to buy time. Be careful, be safe.

davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by davechinn »

Love this image Piet. It has great separation. As for stockpiling? I have seen enough in the last few days, :stop: so I'll leave it at that.
https://www.davechinn.com/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/35722922@N02/albums

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

PietFrancke wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:25 pm
minniev wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:29 pm

In China - assuming we can believe them, they do not have freedom and their government took the necessary steps to protect their population. In America, we believe in freedom. But Freedom must be used responsibly. If we use our Freedom with selfishness and stupidity, then perhaps the argument will be made in the future that we do not deserve it, that it is too costly, and we will gladly give it up. This I do not want, because Freedom is precious. But when this is over, personal losses aside, if China loses 5,000-10,000 people, and the United States loses a million... well let's just say that it would not be a report card to be proud of.

Those that invite death in are either stupid, selfish, or monstrous.

Do not lose the will to fight - we really do not know what tomorrow will bring. In my cynical mind, we tend to not cure diseases because it is more profitable to toy with them. This has the potential to change that. Indeed we are in a war, a war against the virus, but also we are in a war against stupidity and selfishness. You need to stay alive to fight that war - and there will come a time when you will be with your family again. You just have to buy time. Be careful, be safe.

Thank you for some beautiful words. I agree with your sentiments.

Buying time, or trying to.