Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting / Room General Discussions / Introduce yourself
"He who knows most knows how little he knows." -Thomas Jefferson

People ShowcaseGrandkids in three varieties

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Grandkids in three varieties

Post by Duck » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:08 pm

Thanks Minnie, Dave...

These have been more an exercise in creativity than trying to settle on any one look. None of these have been actions though I can probably make them into actions. I really like the naturalness of the watercolor one and finally found a workflow that give somewhat natural looking results. I'm still tweaking it though.

I did, however, settle on one fun design I created I can use as a background for boys. Here's a sample;
Unitas_Photography-0051.jpg
I made a high res background I can use as an overlay. I'm going to create a few more (princesses and castles, robots, trucks, ballerinas, etc.) that clients can choose from. Since they are custom made, i can even offer premium backgrounds that are personalized. ;)
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImage

Tutorials ⇒ How to critique photos
NOTE: If you would like me specifically to critique your image, please let me know through a private message with a link to your post.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:26 pm

Duck wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:08 pm
Thanks Minnie, Dave...

These have been more an exercise in creativity than trying to settle on any one look. None of these have been actions though I can probably make them into actions. I really like the naturalness of the watercolor one and finally found a workflow that give somewhat natural looking results. I'm still tweaking it though.

I did, however, settle on one fun design I created I can use as a background for boys. Here's a sample;

Unitas_Photography-0051.jpg

I made a high res background I can use as an overlay. I'm going to create a few more (princesses and castles, robots, trucks, ballerinas, etc.) that clients can choose from. Since they are custom made, i can even offer premium backgrounds that are personalized. ;)
What a cool idea about the backgrounds! (that is a terrific photo too)

And I'm in awe that you can do your own watercolor painting.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by PietFrancke » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:18 am

on that watercolor one, the thing that is bugging me is the outline being so strong.

I love very much that last shot with action pose and the arm so foreshortened. I don't like it as an image, the background is so soft and soothing that it doesn't jive with the action pose. You should turn that pose into a sketch!!! It would be treasured, spider man himself doesn't look as ready for a fight as this young lad does.

I'd love to see that last one as an action sketch - and not just because I am liking sketches lately!!