"One day you are a signature, next day you are an autograph." —Billy Wilder

People ShowcaseAndi Exhibits a Definite Theatrical Bent Just Like Gramma and Grampa

Post Reply
User avatar
Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1841
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 7:20 pm
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska, USA
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Andi Exhibits a Definite Theatrical Bent Just Like Gramma and Grampa

Post by Charles Haacker » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:38 pm

At the Children's Museum, a favorite photo-op. One section is devoted to theatrical entertainment, complete with a stage, drops, props, costumes, and lights the kids themselves can operate. There's even a ricky-ticky upright pinanner with a glass front so you can see the hammers and stuff. The Kid (now ~3-1/4) sits down with Daddy and provides an astonishing little Channeling-Yuja-Wang performance without having ever seen or heard the young Chinese prodigy (and also while banging indelicately on the bass keys). :lol:

Then she takes the stage in costume and launches into what looks for all the world like the beginning of the iconic "Mad Scene" from Lucia di Lammermoor. Kid's got thee-ater in her blood; her grandparents on her father's side met doing theater. :D

Just snapshots but kinda fun... :|
Attachments
BBDO.jpg
BBDO.jpg (28.67 KiB) Viewed 89 times
wang 1.jpg
She's not looking at music; she's watching the action behind the glass, but it looks like she is reading a score.
wang 1.jpg (85.91 KiB) Viewed 89 times
wang 2.jpg
She emotes like I do when I hear Chopin. Except she's actually banging on the keys. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
wang 2.jpg (84.57 KiB) Viewed 89 times
wang 3.jpg
wang 3.jpg (86.24 KiB) Viewed 89 times
wang 4.jpg
wang 4.jpg (88.59 KiB) Viewed 89 times
mad scene lucia.jpg
(She watches probably too much of Sofia the First...) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
mad scene lucia.jpg (62.58 KiB) Viewed 89 times
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1834
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Psjunkie » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:05 am

Well documented Chuck....

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister
Posts: 3903
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:06 am

Cute, expressive series. You’ve really. Caught her spirit! That second one is a gem.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
pop511
Mentoris Dominus
Mentoris Dominus
Posts: 550
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:29 am
Location: Sydney,Australia
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by pop511 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:37 am

Brought a smile and tears to my eyes thinking of the grand kids.
ed davis

User avatar
davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1496
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by davechinn » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:20 am

Absolutely adorable Chuck !!! Love them all, the ambition shown here along with the determination in your descriptive story is well worth the view. The last piano image, I can hear her saying "listen to this, Grampa"!!! The very first: "They Laughed When I Sat down At The Piano, But When I started to Play"!, reminds me of "Dance as though no one is watching you, Love as though you have never loved before, Sing as though no one can hear you, Live as though heaven is on earth". Something I should practice myself, but just ....
Dave
http://www.davechinn.com/

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

User avatar
Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1841
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 7:20 pm
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska, USA
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Charles Haacker » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:41 pm

Psjunkie wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:05 am
Well documented Chuck....
Thanks, Frank. I suppose it really is a "labor of love..."
minniev wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:06 am
Cute, expressive series. You’ve really. Caught her spirit! That second one is a gem.
Thank you Minnie. She has acting in her blood.
pop511 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:37 am
Brought a smile and tears to my eyes thinking of the grand kids.
Thanks, Ed. I think Grand Kids are called Grand because they are.
davechinn wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:20 am
Absolutely adorable Chuck !!! Love them all, the ambition shown here along with the determination in your descriptive story is well worth the view. The last piano image, I can hear her saying "listen to this, Grampa"!!! The very first: "They Laughed When I Sat down At The Piano, But When I started to Play"!, reminds me of "Dance as though no one is watching you, Love as though you have never loved before, Sing as though no one can hear you, Live as though heaven is on earth". Something I should practice myself, but just ....
Dave
Thanks so much, Dave. Lovely sentiments! (OK)
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 4328
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by St3v3M » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:47 am

Charles Haacker wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:38 pm
At the Children's Museum, a favorite photo-op. One section is devoted to theatrical entertainment, complete with a stage, drops, props, costumes, and lights the kids themselves can operate. There's even a ricky-ticky upright pinanner with a glass front so you can see the hammers and stuff. The Kid (now ~3-1/4) sits down with Daddy and provides an astonishing little Channeling-Yuja-Wang performance without having ever seen or heard the young Chinese prodigy (and also while banging indelicately on the bass keys). :lol:

Then she takes the stage in costume and launches into what looks for all the world like the beginning of the iconic "Mad Scene" from Lucia di Lammermoor. Kid's got thee-ater in her blood; her grandparents on her father's side met doing theater. :D

Just snapshots but kinda fun... :|
Get them started in music early and you'll never regret it! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests