“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” —Nelson Mandela

People ShowcaseStrangers can be strange?

User avatar
davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1344
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Strangers can be strange?

Post by davechinn » Tue May 22, 2018 2:13 pm

Almost 3 years ago I took a road trip from Kentucky to California via as much of Route 66 as possible. Many sites of interest along the way and I would do it again and again. Just prior to entering the Grand Canyon we stop at the McDonalds for a pit stop? Not really remembering, not for food as I don't recall going in to order or the drive through. I will admit I have encountered some different folks and some I would consider very different. I'm sure there are more meetings in place for me and I do believe that is one of the reasons I love street photography so much. The variety of people captures my interest and this post is no exception. However, if I had not accidentally came across this website I probably would not be posting these images. https://rockclubfoundation.org/ I discovered that my images is of the same individual, which is why I decided to post and to point out one never knows who or what is around the next corner. Hope you can appreciate this somewhat odd thread and enjoy the unknown of what is down the road for us no matter which road we're on.
Dave
Attachments
DEC_2989w.jpg
DEC_2995w.jpg
http://www.davechinn.com/

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1528
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Psjunkie » Tue May 22, 2018 2:23 pm

Such a small world....what a coincidence...

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke » Tue May 22, 2018 3:36 pm

wow! Amazing that you stumbled onto the person and then in turn ran into the web site. Recognizing him was easy of course. This makes me wonder how many such small miracles we experience all the time without recognizing them!

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Posts: 3445
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Tue May 22, 2018 9:42 pm

davechinn wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 2:13 pm
Almost 3 years ago I took a road trip from Kentucky to California via as much of Route 66 as possible. Many sites of interest along the way and I would do it again and again. Just prior to entering the Grand Canyon we stop at the McDonalds for a pit stop? Not really remembering, not for food as I don't recall going in to order or the drive through. I will admit I have encountered some different folks and some I would consider very different. I'm sure there are more meetings in place for me and I do believe that is one of the reasons I love street photography so much. The variety of people captures my interest and this post is no exception. However, if I had not accidentally came across this website I probably would not be posting these images. https://rockclubfoundation.org/ I discovered that my images is of the same individual, which is why I decided to post and to point out one never knows who or what is around the next corner. Hope you can appreciate this somewhat odd thread and enjoy the unknown of what is down the road for us no matter which road we're on.
Dave
Fascinating. And yes, Dave, I relate. I find interesting people the world over, and some with connections to other people I've met or places I've been.Thank you for sharing this reminder that we are ALL connected, and sometimes we discover additional connections we didn't anticipate.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
Matt Quinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Posts: 2335
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: MD in winter: Cape Cod in summer
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Matt Quinn » Wed May 23, 2018 1:52 am

Love the goat as a traveling companion . Conversation starter or stopper, depending. There was an article in the Washington Post yesterday about Rte 66 in Northern Virginia where they have a variable toll depending on whether it's rush hour and the level of congestion. Some folk have paid $47 to spend a frantic hour fighting and cussing their way into DC. I think the guy with the goat got it right. Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

User avatar
davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1344
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by davechinn » Fri May 25, 2018 12:09 pm

Psjunkie wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 2:23 pm
Such a small world....what a coincidence...


Yes it is Frank !!! Sometimes it amazes me to how small.
Dave
http://www.davechinn.com/

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

User avatar
davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1344
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by davechinn » Fri May 25, 2018 12:19 pm

PietFrancke wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 3:36 pm
wow! Amazing that you stumbled onto the person and then in turn ran into the web site. Recognizing him was easy of course. This makes me wonder how many such small miracles we experience all the time without recognizing them!


Total accident stumbling onto the website Piet. At first, I had my doubts, but once I opened my file there was no doubt. I have had several encounters and do wonder how may I have missed without my knowledge and it excites me to think there will be more along the way.
Dave
http://www.davechinn.com/

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

User avatar
davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1344
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by davechinn » Fri May 25, 2018 12:26 pm

minniev wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 9:42 pm
davechinn wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 2:13 pm
Almost 3 years ago I took a road trip from Kentucky to California via as much of Route 66 as possible. Many sites of interest along the way and I would do it again and again. Just prior to entering the Grand Canyon we stop at the McDonalds for a pit stop? Not really remembering, not for food as I don't recall going in to order or the drive through. I will admit I have encountered some different folks and some I would consider very different. I'm sure there are more meetings in place for me and I do believe that is one of the reasons I love street photography so much. The variety of people captures my interest and this post is no exception. However, if I had not accidentally came across this website I probably would not be posting these images. https://rockclubfoundation.org/ I discovered that my images is of the same individual, which is why I decided to post and to point out one never knows who or what is around the next corner. Hope you can appreciate this somewhat odd thread and enjoy the unknown of what is down the road for us no matter which road we're on.
Dave
Fascinating. And yes, Dave, I relate. I find interesting people the world over, and some with connections to other people I've met or places I've been.Thank you for sharing this reminder that we are ALL connected, and sometimes we discover additional connections we didn't anticipate.


Having been out on the streets with you, I knew you have/had encountered similar circumstances Minnie. The unknown mystery fascinates and encourages me to get out and travel more. Motivation is key.
Dave
http://www.davechinn.com/

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

User avatar
davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1344
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by davechinn » Fri May 25, 2018 12:46 pm

Matt Quinn wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 1:52 am
Love the goat as a traveling companion . Conversation starter or stopper, depending. There was an article in the Washington Post yesterday about Rte 66 in Northern Virginia where they have a variable toll depending on whether it's rush hour and the level of congestion. Some folk have paid $47 to spend a frantic hour fighting and cussing their way into DC. I think the guy with the goat got it right. Matt


The goat wasn't his only traveling companion. There were at least three other people while the van was totally loaded.

The Route 66 I was referring to starts in Chicago, Illinois, and ends on the shores of the Pacific Ocean in Santa Monica, California, in the suburb of Los Angeles. It is usually and traditionally travelled from east to west, i.e. from Chicago to Los Angeles. The one you are referring is Interstate 66. Not sure if you knew that or if I just totally misunderstood you. I have been to D.C. several times over the years and don't think I could live there because of the traffic and population, but yet there are many cities that have similar circumstances. Los Angeles is a total disaster when it comes to traffic and population, IMO.
Dave
http://www.davechinn.com/

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

User avatar
Matt Quinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Posts: 2335
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: MD in winter: Cape Cod in summer
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Matt Quinn » Fri May 25, 2018 9:12 pm

No, Dave, I didn't know the difference between I66 and Rte 66. Live and learn -- I hope. Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests