"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." — Thomas Alva Edison

People ShowcaseAndromeda Gail Marches Briskly along the Plesiosaur Trail

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Andromeda Gail Marches Briskly along the Plesiosaur Trail

Post by Charles Haacker » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:20 pm

At the Museum on Saturday...

They have the skull and neck vertebrae of a plesiosaurus (a large marine reptile that lived during the early part of the Jurassic) set into the floor under thick glass, sublit, really cool because these things were big, fast, very toothy and always hungry. Andi is not yet actually interested in the animal so much as doing the Yellow Brick Road March up and down it. The quality is poor owing to shooting at some astronomical ISO but I loved the energy and attitude. :D
Attachments
DSC02563.EMlr.jpg
I was taken with the jaunty swing of her hair as she stepped off. She has her Maine hunting boots on because the temps plunged and it snowed again.
DSC02565.EMlr.jpg
I love the swing of her arms.
DSC02568.EMlr.jpg
She's not looking back at me; she is just looking back, I guess, to see how far she has come.
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

PietFrancke
Mentoris Quartus
Mentoris Quartus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by PietFrancke » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:40 pm

awesome shots - she is looking back because she is wondering why you are taking so long to catch up!!!

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by Matt Quinn » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:07 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:20 pm

They have the skull and neck vertebrae of a plesiosaurus (a large marine reptile that lived during the early part of the Jurassic) set into the floor under thick glass, sublit, really cool because these things were big, fast, very toothy and always hungry. Andi is not yet actually interested in the animal so much as doing the Yellow Brick Road March up and down it. The quality is poor owing to shooting at some astronomical ISO but I loved the energy and attitude. :D
Joyful, memorable, priceless. Well done. Matt
Matt Quinn

"One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you'd be stricken blind." Dorothea Lange

Psjunkie
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by Psjunkie » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:15 pm

Good captures under the conditions Chuck

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by Charles Haacker » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:23 pm

PietFrancke wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:40 pm
awesome shots - she is looking back because she is wondering why you are taking so long to catch up!!!
Thanks, Piet! It hadn't occurred to me that she might be wondering if I were following... :|
Matt Quinn wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:07 pm
Joyful, memorable, priceless. Well done. Matt
Thanks, Matt! We members of the Grampa brigade know what matters!
Psjunkie wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:15 pm
Good captures under the conditions Chuck
Thanks, Frank! I'm always shooting in challenging conditions but sometimes less successfully; but it's the memories... :D
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

minniev
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by minniev » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:09 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:

Cute set, well defined by the lighted path she's happily following, until she's not. Perhaps she spotted one of these pretty scary monsters and looked back to be sure you were coming?
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by Charles Haacker » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:11 pm

minniev wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:09 pm
Charles Haacker wrote:

Cute set, well defined by the lighted path she's happily following, until she's not. Perhaps she spotted one of these pretty scary monsters and looked back to be sure you were coming?
The monsters don't seem to scare her one bit. Maybe they will but not yet. :)

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:21 am

I love the leading lines, there are some cool stories here! Thank you for sharing these! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by Charles Haacker » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:27 pm

St3v3M wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:21 am
I love the leading lines, there are some cool stories here! Thank you for sharing these! S-
Thanks for looking and commenting, Steve. The kid is a walking photo op and I am grateful to have her to follow around. :D