People ShowcaseMy intention was..

Graham Smith
Mentoris Grandis
Mentoris Grandis
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

My intention was..

Post by Graham Smith » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:39 am

..to take a snapshot of the three ladies in our group against a backdrop of the main street through Sarenga. Within seconds this happened.

Sarenga gets no tourist visits so when we are there we are the main attraction. What is lovely is that the younger children are always pushed to the front by the older children and adults. And there is always a baby.

I have seen many sad and shocking things in India but then something like this happens to raise your spirits.
IND_2397.jpg
Then I had to shake everyone's hand :)
Graham

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by LindaShorey » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:04 pm

Very, very special Graham.
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

Psjunkie
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by Psjunkie » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:32 pm

This could not have been framed better...Well done Graham

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Social Media Opt-In: Yes

Post by minniev » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:42 pm

Either you or they chose a perfect arrangement of folks for the background they appear before. The intrigue with westerners and cameras is apparent. I had a bit of a deja vue experience in reading your description, and looking at the photo. I've experienced the same in taking pictures of people under the dam. For the most part, most of the people who fish beneath the dam with the birds are poor people, subsistence fishermen and their families, and the children play while the adults fish. Most are minorities and about half are recent immigrants. When they see me with a camera, they want their pictures taken, and adopt some of the same formations you show us. In the city, less than half an hour away, the same would not be true, and I'd be looked on with suspicion.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Graham Smith
Mentoris Grandis
Mentoris Grandis
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by Graham Smith » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:23 pm

minniev wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:42 pm
Either you or they chose a perfect arrangement of folks for the background they appear before. The intrigue with westerners and cameras is apparent. I had a bit of a deja vue experience in reading your description, and looking at the photo. I've experienced the same in taking pictures of people under the dam. For the most part, most of the people who fish beneath the dam with the birds are poor people, subsistence fishermen and their families, and the children play while the adults fish. Most are minorities and about half are recent immigrants. When they see me with a camera, they want their pictures taken, and adopt some of the same formations you show us. In the city, less than half an hour away, the same would not be true, and I'd be looked on with suspicion.
No cattle prods or any other persuasive methods were used in the making of this picture. I have lots of pictures taken in India where they have formed themselves up perfectly. A line up with the taller at the ends or a group with the small ones at the front, it's magical , you don't notice them do it :D

Also, when you take a picture of an individual, particularly in rural areas, they adopt what I call a "Victorian pose" ramrod straight and motionless.
Graham

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes

Post by St3v3M » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:18 am

You give life to the community adding joy with every step. Thank you for adding this and uplifting our hearts! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"