• Administrator
“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” —Vince Lombardi

People ShowcaseTribute To My Team

minniev
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Tribute To My Team

Post by minniev » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:53 pm

I don't do many pictures of people, so I thought I'd share these informal snaps I did yesterday. Taken at sundown. Used a little fill light on Anthony and James but the variegated light was a challenge.

Meet the core team who've been working on my reclaimed house for over a year. They know and love every inch of it and will always be a part of it.

James, the contractor/lead of the outfit, only hires family so if the work ethic isn't what he expects, he can discuss it with their mama and things will improve quickly. James is 6'7'' and weighs 330 lbs so he seldom has to do this. He understands the spirit of the house, and has worked hard to reclaim it.

Anthony, James's nephew, the youngest of the trio, is the detail man. He can put anything together, even that stuff with the instructions that came out of a bad version of Google Translate.

Thomas, James's older brother, is the cheerleader and all around fun guy. He wanted his picture made in front of the front door.
Attachments
work (1 of 1)-2.jpg
work (1 of 1)-3.jpg
t (1 of 1).jpg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

rmalarz
Mentoris Centurion
Mentoris Centurion
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by rmalarz » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:29 am

What a great looking team and really nice house.
--Bob
There is no CTRL-Z in the wet.

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by LindaShorey » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:41 am

What a super idea and a cool tribute, Minnie. As always, your articulate, rich writing skills enhance our appreciation of the story you're presenting. I hope you give them the link to this topic!
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

minniev
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by minniev » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:49 am

rmalarz wrote:What a great looking team and really nice house.
--Bob

Thanks Bob, we are all relieved that the end is in sight.

minniev
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by minniev » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:50 am

LindaShorey wrote:What a super idea and a cool tribute, Minnie. As always, your articulate, rich writing skills enhance our appreciation of the story you're presenting. I hope you give them the link to this topic!

Thanks Linda. I'll be printing one for each of them.

davechinn
Mentoris Quartus
Mentoris Quartus

Post by davechinn » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:56 pm

minniev wrote:I don't do many pictures of people, so I thought I'd share these informal snaps I did yesterday. Taken at sundown. Used a little fill light on Anthony and James but the variegated light was a challenge.

Meet the core team who've been working on my reclaimed house for over a year. They know and love every inch of it and will always be a part of it.

James, the contractor/lead of the outfit, only hires family so if the work ethic isn't what he expects, he can discuss it with their mama and things will improve quickly. James is 6'7'' and weighs 330 lbs so he seldom has to do this. He understands the spirit of the house, and has worked hard to reclaim it.

Anthony, James's nephew, the youngest of the trio, is the detail man. He can put anything together, even that stuff with the instructions that came out of a bad version of Google Translate.

Thomas, James's older brother, is the cheerleader and all around fun guy. He wanted his picture made in front of the front door.

Minnie, you have served them all well. The size of James isn't the only thing that he means business when it comes to expectations of work ethics. The firm expression he has is a sure sign of "don't mess with me". I would say based on the description of the three you have provided, it takes multiple personalities to have success in their line of work and it shows. The before and after photos of the house is proof.
Dave

PietFrancke
Mentoris Praefectus
Mentoris Praefectus

Post by PietFrancke » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:58 pm

I do believe that they take good care of you Min!

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by Matt Quinn » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:39 pm

minniev wrote:I don't do many pictures of people, so I thought I'd share these informal snaps I did yesterday. Taken at sundown. Used a little fill light on Anthony and James but the variegated light was a challenge.

Minnie, Thanks for sharing your private place and your colleagues. Noticed the tilt on #3; and heard the call from the rocking chair. All good. Matt
Matt Quinn

"One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you'd be stricken blind." Dorothea Lange

minniev
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by minniev » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:12 pm

PietFrancke wrote:I do believe that they take good care of you Min!

They do.

minniev
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by minniev » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:13 pm

Matt Quinn wrote:
Minnie, Thanks for sharing your private place and your colleagues. Noticed the tilt on #3; and heard the call from the rocking chair. All good. Matt

Ya'll come see us sometime and you can rock in that chair!