The only person you should try to be better than is who you were yesterday. – unknown

People ShowcaseAndi is the Fire Chief

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Andi is the Fire Chief

Post by Charles Haacker » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:20 pm

Whenever Matt takes Andromeda Gail (Andi for short) to the Lincoln Children's Museum, I go along. You'd think the photo ops would get fewer and farther between, but there always seems to be something new, and of course Andi, now 2 + a month, is changing and growing practically minute by minute. They have the cab of a real American LaFrance pumper set up with buttons that turn on the lights and air horn and siren (not excessively loud). There're even helmets and kid-sized turnouts so it's a big attraction. On many other Saturdays we couldn't get near it for the mob of kids, but this Saturday was sunny and lovely so the kids were mostly outside, giving AndiGail a chance to get in the thing.
Attachments
DSC07269.EM.jpg
Little Ms. Dimplegrin steers the big pumper to the scene!
DSC07272.EM.jpg
Grampa can't spell "lieutenant"... It was the expression that got to me, shot through the windshield hence the reflections.
DSC07278.EM.jpg
Shot through the windshield hence the reflections.
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by Duck » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:41 pm

Cute shots, specially the smile in the third image. Just keep a watchful eye for any little boys named Perseus. :lol:
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImage

PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by PietFrancke » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:05 pm

what a grin! These are really nice, lots of color and action and shooting through the windshield worked very well.

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by LindaShorey » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:23 pm

Absolutely delightful photos, Chuck! Fun commentary too. What a wonderful series. Thank you for posting!
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

minniev
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus

Post by minniev » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:55 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:Whenever Matt takes Andromeda Gail (Andi for short) to the Lincoln Children's Museum, I go along. You'd think the photo ops would get fewer and farther between, but there always seems to be something new, and of course Andi, now 2 + a month, is changing and growing practically minute by minute. They have the cab of a real American LaFrance pumper set up with buttons that turn on the lights and air horn and siren (not excessively loud). There're even helmets and kid-sized turnouts so it's a big attraction. On many other Saturdays we couldn't get near it for the mob of kids, but this Saturday was sunny and lovely so the kids were mostly outside, giving AndiGail a chance to get in the thing.

She is adorable and you captured her charm very well. It is a blessing to have them growing up nearby where you can be a part of all that, and photograph it. Parents are too busy raising their kids and making a living to do much photographing, so you are giving them all a gift that will last forever.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by Charles Haacker » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:00 pm

minniev wrote:She is adorable and you captured her charm very well. It is a blessing to have them growing up nearby where you can be a part of all that, and photograph it. Parents are too busy raising their kids and making a living to do much photographing, so you are giving them all a gift that will last forever.
Thanks, Min! Erin, Andi's mom, used to take bazillions of pictures of her. They'd share them with me and I'd pick out the best and rework them, but now Erin is working full time at a very tough job plus still preparing to defend her dissertation in August. She just doesn't have time. Matt occasionally shoots a few with his cell phone, but yeah, I'm the main guy now.
LindaShorey wrote:Absolutely delightful photos, Chuck! Fun commentary too. What a wonderful series. Thank you for posting!
Thank you for looking and commenting, Linda!
PietFrancke wrote:what a grin! These are really nice, lots of color and action and shooting through the windshield worked very well.
Thanks, Piet. What a grin indeed!
Duck wrote:Cute shots, specially the smile in the third image. Just keep a watchful eye for any little boys named Perseus. :lol:
My son Matt always said that if he ever had a daughter he was gonna buy a 16-gauge with rock salt and sit on the porch in his rocker with the gun across his knees. ;) :lol:
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by davechinn » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:38 am

Charles Haacker wrote:Whenever Matt takes Andromeda Gail (Andi for short) to the Lincoln Children's Museum, I go along. You'd think the photo ops would get fewer and farther between, but there always seems to be something new, and of course Andi, now 2 + a month, is changing and growing practically minute by minute. They have the cab of a real American LaFrance pumper set up with buttons that turn on the lights and air horn and siren (not excessively loud). There're even helmets and kid-sized turnouts so it's a big attraction. On many other Saturdays we couldn't get near it for the mob of kids, but this Saturday was sunny and lovely so the kids were mostly outside, giving AndiGail a chance to get in the thing.

No Chuck, don't get trapped into the photo opts getting fewer and farther between. This is an example of what will be admired later in years. Your son will say to Andi, "You remember this time when Grandpa", so keep taking em. Its #2 for me. The expression is priceless.
Dave
http://www.davechinn.com/

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by Charles Haacker » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:33 pm

davechinn wrote:No Chuck, don't get trapped into the photo opts getting fewer and farther between. This is an example of what will be admired later in years. Your son will say to Andi, "You remember this time when Grandpa", so keep taking em. Its #2 for me. The expression is priceless.
Dave

Thanks, Dave! As you know I've been wildly up and down since the death of my wife, now more than 6 months ago, and I don't wanna speak too soon but I think I'm starting to pull out of it. Andi is a great puller-out-of-it. I love #2 as well, which inspired me to give her the talk balloon. Squinty eyes, talking out of the side of her mouth... :D

davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by davechinn » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:14 am

Charles Haacker wrote:
davechinn wrote:No Chuck, don't get trapped into the photo opts getting fewer and farther between. This is an example of what will be admired later in years. Your son will say to Andi, "You remember this time when Grandpa", so keep taking em. Its #2 for me. The expression is priceless.
Dave

Thanks, Dave! As you know I've been wildly up and down since the death of my wife, now more than 6 months ago, and I don't wanna speak too soon but I think I'm starting to pull out of it. Andi is a great puller-out-of-it. I love #2 as well, which inspired me to give her the talk balloon. Squinty eyes, talking out of the side of her mouth... :D

Your welcome, Chuck !!! Glad to hear this and while I often think of you, I pray things will be more up than down for you. I have always heard that time is the best healer, but I suppose it's up to each individual and circumstances to determine if it's true.
Dave
http://www.davechinn.com/

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:45 am

Wow she is charming and growing so fast! There's trouble ahead with that smile, but the good time and a lot of broken hearts with it.

You are blessed but I assume she's blessing you just as much with all that love! Thank you for sharing her here! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"