"Sometimes imagination is no more than randomness applied." —Piet Francke

People ShowcaseAndromeda Gail is TWO today!

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Andromeda Gail is TWO today!

Post by Charles Haacker » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:19 pm

We are calling her the Golden Girl on account of her hair (now that she has enough to gather into pigtails; a year ago she was bald as a cue ball). Today she is wearing a golden gown and golden Cleopatra sandals. If you would like to view the whole set please click this link. I took them this morning in open shade on the lawn behind our apartment. :)
ImageGRRRRRRRRRRRRL POWER! by Charles Haacker, on Flickr
ImageLORD LOVE A DUCK! by Charles Haacker, on Flickr
ImageAndromeda Gail the Golden Girl is TWO! by Charles Haacker, on Flickr
ImageAndromeda Gail the Golden Girl is TWO! by Charles Haacker, on Flickr
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by minniev » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:00 am

These are wonderful, so full of joy and excitement and personality. She's a little doll, but I gotta tell you Chuck, she does look a lot like grandpa!

The last is my favorite because of the great expression the closer-up approach but they're all adorable. On the first one, I think I'd get rid of that yellow line (looks like a line of bright sun on the grass) because it runs through her head and detracts from her a little.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by LindaShorey » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:49 am

Very, very special, Chuck!!
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by Charles Haacker » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:41 pm

minniev wrote:These are wonderful, so full of joy and excitement and personality. She's a little doll, but I gotta tell you Chuck, she does look a lot like grandpa!

The last is my favorite because of the great expression the closer-up approach but they're all adorable. On the first one, I think I'd get rid of that yellow line (looks like a line of bright sun on the grass) because it runs through her head and detracts from her a little.

Thanks! I am never able to see family resemblances. They have to be sock-ya-inna-nose obvious.

It never occurred to be to clone out that sun line! Yer right! I was bothered by it but was in such a hurry to rush them out to the fambly on the same day. I've also noticed that a lot of them are on the cool side, probably a consequence of open shade/mostly sky light. I need to go back and make some finer adjustments. (OK)
LindaShorey wrote:Very, very special, Chuck!!

Thanks! She's great most of the time, but she is also two. :lol:
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:00 am

I took a moment to look at the entire series and think you picked the best to show here, but imagine it was a hard choice. She's such a joy it's infectious and has such a personality I think you'll have your hands full with photographing her and will keep you young chasing her around the yard and beyond.

Thank you for keeping us with you on her journey! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by Charles Haacker » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:22 pm

St3v3M wrote:I took a moment to look at the entire series and think you picked the best to show here, but imagine it was a hard choice. She's such a joy it's infectious and has such a personality I think you'll have your hands full with photographing her and will keep you young chasing her around the yard and beyond.

Thank you for keeping us with you on her journey! S-

Thank you for looking at the whole set, Steve! Not sure about chasing her, tho'. The fact is I was on my knees and rooted to the spot, and needed my son and DIL to help me back up. If it weren't for good, rapid autofocus there would be no hope! :lol:

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:24 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:... If it weren't for good, rapid autofocus there would be no hope! :lol:

All the more true with little ones! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"