"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." — Thomas Alva Edison

People ShowcaseSo did Andromeda Gail have fun at the Lincoln Children's Zoo?

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

So did Andromeda Gail have fun at the Lincoln Children's Zoo?

Post by Charles Haacker » Thu May 10, 2018 10:17 pm

So is the Pope Catholic?

Andi Introduces Herself to a Bronze River Otter
by Charles Haacker, on Flickr

ImageAndi in Another Egg by Charles Haacker, on Flickr

Mommy Sits on the Egg so Andi can Hatch
by Charles Haacker, on Flickr

Andi rides a Bronze Galapagos Tortoise
by Charles Haacker, on Flickr (There's a live one over her shoulder in the background)

ImageYAAAAAHHOOOO! Andi rides a Bronze Galapagos Tortoise by Charles Haacker, on Flickr (There's a live one over her shoulder in the background)

This one is my personal favorite...
ImageAndi discovers what it is like to be a tortoise by Charles Haacker, on Flickr
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by Duck » Thu May 10, 2018 11:00 pm

Gotta love the pure joy that shows on that face.

Ah, to be young again and feel that kind of happiness.
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImage

PietFrancke
Mentoris Quartus
Mentoris Quartus

Post by PietFrancke » Thu May 10, 2018 11:38 pm

yeah, she is ALL THERE. Loving every moment, grins as big as the moon.

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by Charles Haacker » Sat May 12, 2018 2:19 am

Duck wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 11:00 pm
Gotta love the pure joy that shows on that face.

Ah, to be young again and feel that kind of happiness.
You'n'me both, Duck. I feel pretty privileged to be able to know and photograph her.
PietFrancke wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 11:38 pm
yeah, she is ALL THERE. Loving every moment, grins as big as the moon.
Thanks so much Piet. 'Course as I type this she is having a tantrum so there's that... (?) 8~
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

PietFrancke
Mentoris Quartus
Mentoris Quartus

Post by PietFrancke » Sat May 12, 2018 11:57 am

tantrum - LOL, yes, the other side of the coin. The price is paid.

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by Matt Quinn » Sat May 12, 2018 8:17 pm

Chuck,
"So is the Pope Catholic?"

Funny you should ask. A group of very conservative cardinals claim he is not. Who's to know?

Anyway, Chuck, enjoy every moment. And take lots, lots of pictures. Just last week, Michaela was born, yesterday, she was 8. My son expects to walk her down the aisle to her groom-to-be next week.

Great photos. Make them into a book; she will browse them over and over. Our sons are in their 40s and they still take out the albums with "real" prints in them and spend an hour reliving their vanished youth.

Matt
Matt Quinn

"One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you'd be stricken blind." Dorothea Lange

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by Charles Haacker » Mon May 14, 2018 2:29 pm

Matt Quinn wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 8:17 pm
Chuck,
"So is the Pope Catholic?"

Funny you should ask. A group of very conservative cardinals claim he is not. Who's to know?

Anyway, Chuck, enjoy every moment. And take lots, lots of pictures. Just last week, Michaela was born, yesterday, she was 8. My son expects to walk her down the aisle to her groom-to-be next week.

Great photos. Make them into a book; she will browse them over and over. Our sons are in their 40s and they still take out the albums with "real" prints in them and spend an hour reliving their vanished youth.

Matt
They all, ALL grow up too fast, don't they. :love: What I have been doing since Digital is making online photo books and calendars rather than prints in albums. I like them because of their flexibility. Pictures can be enlarged or diminished, tilted, captioned, framed or not, overlapped or not, bordered, drop shadowed, full framed, "double trucked" across two pages, ghosted...

When Our Kidz got married we had originally intended to try to do a classic album like we used to but it proved beyond us because there were so many pictures from so many sources and formats. Instead we did a Mixbook (the only supplier I have ever used) and you can see an example of there wedding album below. Also there is the cover sheet of the calendar I did starring Andi for this year, and I plan to do this every year.
Attachments
Screenshot 2018-05-14 at 9.13.22 AM.png
Andi's 2018 calendar using shots from her 2017 year month-by-month. Her mom adores this.
Screenshot 2018-05-14 at 9.17.48 AM.png
Here's an example of a "ghosted double truck." This album is a lay-flat so crossing the gutter is no problem (although they always show a shadow where the gutter would be). I took the picture of the kiss, enlarged it to cover both pages, converted to black and white, tinted it blue, and reduced opacity, all within the Mixbook program.

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by Matt Quinn » Mon May 14, 2018 2:47 pm

I do the same, Chuck, but with two grands, I do one month with Jimmy and one with Michaela and try to include photos of stuff we did during that month. Doesn't always work and beach photos in December look really odd, but it's the intent that counts, no? Matt
Matt Quinn

"One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you'd be stricken blind." Dorothea Lange

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by Charles Haacker » Mon May 14, 2018 3:10 pm

Matt Quinn wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 2:47 pm
I do the same, Chuck, but with two grands, I do one month with Jimmy and one with Michaela and try to include photos of stuff we did during that month. Doesn't always work and beach photos in December look really odd, but it's the intent that counts, no? Matt
Yes! :love: