"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." —Arthur Ashe

People ShowcaseRainy afternoon in a mall parking lot...

Images containing people; portraits, family, lifestyle, street, photojournalism, sports, weddings
Matt Quinn
Mentoris Quartus
Mentoris Quartus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Re: Rainy afternoon in a mall parking lot...

Postby Matt Quinn » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:50 pm

Matt Quinn wrote:
St3v3M wrote:I like the second for its beauty and creativity, there's a story there, but I really like the third for its dead-on perspective on life. I especially love the implied movement in both and wonder if they would have been as beautiful if he were standing still. I really like these! S-

Thanks Steve. The fellow in #3 was trailing along behind his lady who had dashed ahead to their car. I had noticed them going into the store without umbrellas and waited for them to emerge, hoping they would walk pass my front windshield. I didn't want too much rain on the window, so I had the wipers going until I saw them come out, then turned them off. And, tbtg, they passed in front she, dashing, he, strolling unhurriedly with something held casually in his hand. Click. And he was gone. It was a productive way to wait for my lady. Matt

OOOOps, that should be the fellow in #2, not #3. I have always been poor with numbers. Matt
Matt Quinn

"One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you'd be stricken blind." Dorothea Lange

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Postby St3v3M » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:58 pm

Matt Quinn wrote:Thanks Steve. The fellow in #3 was trailing along behind his lady who had dashed ahead to their car. I had noticed them going into the store without umbrellas and waited for them to emerge, hoping they would walk pass my front windshield. I didn't want too much rain on the window, so I had the wipers going until I saw them come out, then turned them off. And, tbtg, they passed in front she, dashing, he, strolling unhurriedly with something held casually in his hand. Click. And he was gone. It was a productive way to wait for my lady. Matt

I love the backstory and the setup. It's fun to experiment and you hit some winners here! Thank you for sharing this! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Quartus
Mentoris Quartus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Postby Matt Quinn » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:06 pm

St3v3M wrote:I love the backstory and the setup. It's fun to experiment and you hit some winners here! Thank you for sharing this! S-

Thanks Steve. Always encouraged by your comments. Matt
Matt Quinn

"One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you'd be stricken blind." Dorothea Lange

Return to “People Showcase”