"Every moment and every event of every man's life on earth plants something in his soul." —Thomas Merton

Photography DiscussionDear Photographer

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Dear Photographer

Post by St3v3M » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:35 am

If you could write yourself a letter what advice would you tell your previous self, six months ago, a year, five years, ten years, more? S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Bobby Deal
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by Bobby Deal » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:30 am

Simple, stop chasing the dollars and do what you love. That is when the money will come if you really want it too. Enjoy your art for the art that it is and never forget why you picked up a camera in the first place. Look at your old portfolio from time to time and revisit some of those sessions. You may be surprised at what you have learned as well as what you have forgotten. Sometimes we need to return to our roots in order to grow.

Bobby Deal - Commercial Photographer

MY SMUGMUG GALLERIES

"The only photographer we ought compare ourselves to is the one we used to be"

PhotoMentoris- "A diverse artistic community dedicated to a culture of photographic education, sharing and creative tolerance"

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by St3v3M » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:31 am

Bobby Deal wrote:Simple, stop chasing the dollars and do what you love. That is when the money will come if you really want it too. Enjoy your art for the art that it is and never forget why you picked up a camera in the first place. Look at your old portfolio from time to time and revisit some of those sessions. You may be surprised at what you have learned as well as what you have forgotten. Sometimes we need to return to our roots in order to grow.

Words of wisdom! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"