"Photograph things you care about, not what you think others want to see. There is no substitution for passion." —Sarah Rice

Photography DiscussionComing Soon to a Creative Cloud Near You (??)

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Re: Coming Soon to a Creative Cloud Near You (??)

Post by Matt Quinn » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:56 pm

Anything that keeps you off the streets and out of the bars is a good thing. :lol: But seriously, my take continues to be that $10 bucks (I auto-pay too) is within reason. Sure, over time they earn more money, but no company can stay in business if they do not make a profit. Sure, there are "obscene" profits and yada yada, but I am just getting really comfortable with both LR and full PS and the last thing I want to have to do now is jump ship into, what? Something totally new I will have to spend months (at my pace) to even begin to show acceptable results? Nah! Been there! They would have to really jack it to price themselves out of my reach. The tools are too good.

This is a smart discussion I'm sure will evolve as more people migrate over and the technology evolves. S-
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)
All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

Thanks Chuck. I agree with you and Minnie and the others. Small price to pay for all the joy we get. Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

minniev
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by minniev » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:34 pm

Those of you who have the new Lightroom Classic installed, do try the new range masking tool - I don't know how to explain what it does or how, but you gotta try it. It is kinda magic.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:39 pm

minniev wrote:Those of you who have the new Lightroom Classic installed, do try the new range masking tool - I don't know how to explain what it does or how, but you gotta try it. It is kinda magic.

From Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - Published on Oct 18, 2017 - Color and Luminance Range Masking in Lightroom Classic CC
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:14 pm

Confused? This may help - Lightroom Classic vs Lightroom CC
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

Ernst-Ulrich Schafer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by Ernst-Ulrich Schafer » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:47 pm

Matt, Wintering in MD, in Maryland? Why not Florida? For some reason I yearn to spend a winter in Cape Cod.

As to Adobe Cloud, I've been a subscriber for a few years now for $10 a month, it's a no brainer. I spend that much at the donut/coffee shop with three visits.
Today is the Day, a New Day.

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by Duck » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:48 pm

Imagine how I feel. I teach Lightroom. My homework pile just got exponentially larger.
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImage

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by Charles Haacker » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:22 am

minniev wrote:Those of you who have the new Lightroom Classic installed, do try the new range masking tool - I don't know how to explain what it does or how, but you gotta try it. It is kinda magic.
St3v3M wrote:From Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - Published on Oct 18, 2017 - Color and Luminance Range Masking in Lightroom Classic CC

Here is another tutorial from one of my favorite guys, Anthony Morganti. He covers the same ground just a little differently, but he doesn't mention using the ALT or OPTION key as Julianne does. I find multiple approaches helpful.
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus

Post by Charles Haacker » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:26 am

Ernst-Ulrich Schafer wrote:[...] As to Adobe Cloud, I've been a subscriber for a few years now for $10 a month, it's a no brainer. I spend that much at the donut/coffee shop with three visits.

Exactly! That's why I can't quite grok all the hate, but I also like Anne Hathaway a lot so there y'go. :| (?)