Photography DiscussionGallery Show

Charles Haacker
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Re: Gallery Show

Post by Charles Haacker » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:50 pm

GOOD on ya! Break a leg! We are all very proud of you!
Friends call me Chuck. :photo: This link takes you to my Flickr albums. Please click on any album to scroll through it.
(I prefer to present pictures in albums because I can put them in specific order.)

All the great photographers use cameras! No, really. :|

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by Duck » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:27 pm

Well, it seems this project is taking off on its own. You might as well do what other great photographers have done. ride the opportunity as long as you can. If you so want, this can expand to all kinds of opportunities, not just print sales. Lectures, both in photography and environmentalism; additional gallery presentations, even if its a vanity show it helps; product marketing with your images (i.e. tote bags, mugs, posters); a self published book (I'd buy one), and so much more. It all depends on how inclined you are to all that.
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImage

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by LindaShorey » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:13 pm

I've been following your journey with great interest, Minnie, and am so excited for your upcoming opening! I know you've had huge challenges, and will feel relieved for many reasons once it's behind you and you're on your way to Scotland for vacation :)

Please do post photos of the completed exhibit and links to interviews. CONGRATULATIONS to a super-worthy talent! You have been a loyal friend and inspiring mentor for over two years and are very dear to me.
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

Carol W
Mentoris Initio
Mentoris Initio

Post by Carol W » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:27 pm

You're a brave soul, Minnie. Congratulations on doing all the right things to earn this opportunity! Next time it will be much easier!

minniev
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus

Post by minniev » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:56 pm

Charles Haacker wrote:GOOD on ya! Break a leg! We are all very proud of you!

Thanks Chuck!
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

minniev
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus

Post by minniev » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:05 pm

Duck wrote:Well, it seems this project is taking off on its own. You might as well do what other great photographers have done. ride the opportunity as long as you can. If you so want, this can expand to all kinds of opportunities, not just print sales. Lectures, both in photography and environmentalism; additional gallery presentations, even if its a vanity show it helps; product marketing with your images (i.e. tote bags, mugs, posters); a self published book (I'd buy one), and so much more. It all depends on how inclined you are to all that.

The project does have a life of its own in a way, and sometimes goes places I didn't anticipate. We are going to do an educational program further into the exhibit, something that combines the pictures with the info about the birds, the environmental issues, and the water stuff, hopefully a panel discussion. I don't know where the birds will go from here. I'm gonna approach the airport, which operates a gallery that accepts photography (the art galleries here do not, with one notable and brand new exception)

The feature writer who interviewed me for the daily paper brought up the idea of a self-published book, a consideration!

Today someone called the Keep America Beautiful lady who's hosting the reception and asked to buy an exhibition catalog! Wish I had one.

minniev
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus

Post by minniev » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:08 pm

LindaShorey wrote:I've been following your journey with great interest, Minnie, and am so excited for your upcoming opening! I know you've had huge challenges, and will feel relieved for many reasons once it's behind you and you're on your way to Scotland for vacation :)

Please do post photos of the completed exhibit and links to interviews. CONGRATULATIONS to a super-worthy talent! You have been a loyal friend and inspiring mentor for over two years and are very dear to me.

Thank you so much Linda. You've been a help and support and fellow learner with me. I explained to the lady from the newspaper who interviewed me how much my forum friends have helped and prepared me for this. She was intrigued.

minniev
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus

Post by minniev » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:09 pm

Carol W wrote:You're a brave soul, Minnie. Congratulations on doing all the right things to earn this opportunity! Next time it will be much easier!

Thank you Carol and WELCOME. Great to see you here!

Duck
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by Duck » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:34 pm

minniev wrote:[...] Today someone called the Keep America Beautiful lady who's hosting the reception and asked to buy an exhibition catalog! Wish I had one.

Next time, when you have either a longer showing or a more permanent gallery presence. Even if you sold them at cost the advertising can help boost sales.
"If you didn't learn something new today, you wasted a day."
Image ImageImageImageImage

minniev
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus

Post by minniev » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:32 pm

Duck wrote:
minniev wrote:[...] Today someone called the Keep America Beautiful lady who's hosting the reception and asked to buy an exhibition catalog! Wish I had one.

Next time, when you have either a longer showing or a more permanent gallery presence. Even if you sold them at cost the advertising can help boost sales.

I've got 3 months here, so I could look into it..