Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting / Room General Discussions / Introduce yourself
“Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.” ― Pablo Picasso

Project 52Pauls 52

Forum rules
Some posts may not be "safe for work". If you intend to post any nude, topless or implied nude images please include the phrase NSFW in your title.
pah43
Mentoris Alumnus
Mentoris Alumnus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Re: Pauls 52

Post by pah43 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:56 am

It is a Holden, not sure what vintage but I had one with a front end like that new in 1981 - it was a nice car for its time - had a 3ltr straight six motor.

Paul
Cheers,
Paul.

“Wherever there is light, one can photograph." :photo:

pah43
Mentoris Alumnus
Mentoris Alumnus

Post by pah43 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:31 am

A portrait for this week - this is Ellie, the Daughter of one of our club members and she modeled for us at an outdoor portrait session that John (Onslow) facilitated for us - we had a great time.
Cheers Paul

Cheers,
Paul.

TomCofer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by TomCofer » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:55 pm

Cute little girl Paul. Looks like she is having fun playing the model. when my daughter was about that age, she'd ham it up in front of the camera. A few years later, if I asked her to play model, you would have thought I threatened to ground her by the way she'd react.
Redneck Enthusiast Photographer on a shoestring budget.

thcofer@charter.net

Failure means you tried. Success means you need to set higher goals for yourself.

Nikodian1
Mentoris Inceptor
Mentoris Inceptor

Post by Nikodian1 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:33 pm

Lovely photo of Ellie.
She was super cute on the day and a lovely well manner little girl!

It was superb day, I enjoyed myself thoroughly not to mention lunch was pretty good too!
Jenny

Critique & comments welcome, Love to learn. :photo:

One photo out of focus is a mistake, ten photo out of focus are an experimentation, one hundred photo out of focus are a style.

pah43
Mentoris Alumnus
Mentoris Alumnus

Post by pah43 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:46 am

Back to some Macro for this week, Tom has been showing some great stuff and he's inspired me to buy myself a Raynox 250 macro attachment - macro lens was never even on the horizon but this seems to be a real alternative and at a price thats affordable. Ive no idea what the plant is its a bush in my front yard that has these tiny purple flower on it for most of the yr so it became my first victim -very pleased with the results so far. 8):

Cheers,
Paul.

TomCofer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by TomCofer » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:20 am

Nice shot Paul. Glad you like the new toy, but be warned, macro can be addicting. :)

thcofer@charter.net

Failure means you tried. Success means you need to set higher goals for yourself.

pah43
Mentoris Alumnus
Mentoris Alumnus

Post by pah43 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:00 pm

Addiction to lenses isn't something my wife will let me become addicted to Tom :stop: However an attachment doesn't seem to count :clap:
I do like this lens Tom, easy to set up, light to carry, like you said it has its quirks but I reckon I can live with them, very pleased with the above shot - that was my first shot so it doesn't leave me much room for the future - Onslow reckons I should just move on now - Macro -been there done that 8~

Cheers Paul
Cheers,
Paul.

TomCofer
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by TomCofer » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:02 pm

pah43 wrote:Addiction to lenses isn't something my wife will let me become addicted to Tom :stop: However an attachment doesn't seem to count :clap:
I do like this lens Tom, easy to set up, light to carry, like you said it has its quirks but I reckon I can live with them, very pleased with the above shot - that was my first shot so it doesn't leave me much room for the future - Onslow reckons I should just move on now - Macro -been there done that 8~

Cheers Paul

Naw, it's ok to get attached to attachment lenses. :lol: One of the cool things about 'em is that they are easy to slip in a pocket when you're out and about shooting landscape stuff. See a bug, flower, plant, rock, or something else that you find interesting? Weather turns uncooperative for landscapes? It only takes a minute to whip out the Raynox and grab a few shots. :D I carry it around with me on all of my hikes along with my flash and DYI diffuser.

But have you tried focus stacking? :D

thcofer@charter.net

pah43
Mentoris Alumnus
Mentoris Alumnus

Post by pah43 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:04 am

Haven't tried the stacking as yet but I had a look at your FB post and will give it a try soon, having major problems with my internet connections and it could be a few days before I can get normal access

cheers. Paul :D
Cheers,
Paul.

WesternGuy
Mentoris Tribunus
Mentoris Tribunus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by WesternGuy » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:27 am

Paul, nice flower shot - very intense colours. As for lens acquisition, this sort of thing has been called GAS - gear acquisition syndrome - something, a lot of us have found ourselves suffering from. :) Macro can be addicting to, as Tom has noted.

WesternGuy
You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn't waste either. - Galen Rowell

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/westernguy/
My new blog: http://photowestguy.wordpress.com/