Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

Project 52Piet's 2020 52 Birds

The goal of Project 52 is to take a photo a week. This is an easier pace than the Project 365.
- Start a thread with your name such as, "MyName's 52" or "MyName's Photo-a-Week Project" so other members can easily track your project. Some Posts May Be NSFW. If you intend to post any questionable images, please include NSFW in the title
Forum rules
Some posts may not be "safe for work". If you intend to post any nude, topless or implied nude images please include the phrase NSFW in your title.
User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Posts: 3467
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Re: Piet's 2020 52 Birds

Post by Psjunkie »

I feel like it needs a name...nicely done

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2770
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke »

Psjunkie wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:04 am
I feel like it needs a name...nicely done
thanks Frank - Baby Blue

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Posts: 6702
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev »

PietFrancke wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:49 am
week 36, another shot of the juvenile Ibis I shot a couple of years ago.. not much but was good to get something done. JuvIbisS.jpg
Beautiful ibis, Piet, and I'm so glad to see you've created your own version of a painterly background, and it is not spackled! Love the angle of the bird, and the colorwork. I like the slight abstraction of his feathers.

My pelicans have arrived so I'm hoping to snag one I can try to paint.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2770
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke »

minniev wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:14 am
PietFrancke wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:49 am
week 36, another shot of the juvenile Ibis I shot a couple of years ago.. not much but was good to get something done. JuvIbisS.jpg
Beautiful ibis, Piet, and I'm so glad to see you've created your own version of a painterly background, and it is not spackled! Love the angle of the bird, and the colorwork. I like the slight abstraction of his feathers.

My pelicans have arrived so I'm hoping to snag one I can try to paint.
I don't see enough Pelicans... when we go to the beach (not so much lately) I see them flying over the water in the distance - but never get a good close-up of them. I think pelicans have tremendous character.

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Posts: 6702
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev »

PietFrancke wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:47 pm
minniev wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:14 am
PietFrancke wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:49 am
week 36, another shot of the juvenile Ibis I shot a couple of years ago.. not much but was good to get something done. JuvIbisS.jpg
Beautiful ibis, Piet, and I'm so glad to see you've created your own version of a painterly background, and it is not spackled! Love the angle of the bird, and the colorwork. I like the slight abstraction of his feathers.

My pelicans have arrived so I'm hoping to snag one I can try to paint.
I don't see enough Pelicans... when we go to the beach (not so much lately) I see them flying over the water in the distance - but never get a good close-up of them. I think pelicans have tremendous character.
Your beach pelicans are brown pelicans, sturdy intrepid divers who kamikaze into the ocean and scoop up fish from high above. My pelicans are the American Whites, a more gracile version, solid white but for black wingtips, and they are not solitary fishermen like their brown cousins. They are regimented, practiced group fishermen like orcas, forming specific patterns designed to drive fish into feathered traps and scooping them up without missing a turn in their dance. They are fascinating to watch.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2770
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke »

minniev wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:18 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:47 pm
minniev wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:14 am


Beautiful ibis, Piet, and I'm so glad to see you've created your own version of a painterly background, and it is not spackled! Love the angle of the bird, and the colorwork. I like the slight abstraction of his feathers.

My pelicans have arrived so I'm hoping to snag one I can try to paint.
I don't see enough Pelicans... when we go to the beach (not so much lately) I see them flying over the water in the distance - but never get a good close-up of them. I think pelicans have tremendous character.
Your beach pelicans are brown pelicans, sturdy intrepid divers who kamikaze into the ocean and scoop up fish from high above. My pelicans are the American Whites, a more gracile version, solid white but for black wingtips, and they are not solitary fishermen like their brown cousins. They are regimented, practiced group fishermen like orcas, forming specific patterns designed to drive fish into feathered traps and scooping them up without missing a turn in their dance. They are fascinating to watch.
they Are fascinating. I wish I could see more.

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2770
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke »

week 37 - green backed heron
gbjs.jpg

User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Posts: 3467
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Psjunkie »

outstanding..

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2770
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke »

Psjunkie wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:17 pm
outstanding..
thanks Frank, Looking at it today I am not liking the brightness that closely surrounds the bird - it's not a halo, but I'll call it a spreading ring of light behind that follows the birds shape... will have to figure out how to break that up.

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Posts: 6702
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev »

PietFrancke wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:03 am
week 37 - green backed herongbjs.jpg
Beautiful

And I think that clone fix I shared with you before would work on this one too, even though it’s created by paint instead of by contrast.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests