Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

Project 52Piet's 2020 52 Birds

The goal of Project 52 is to take a photo a week. This is an easier pace than the Project 365.
- Start a thread with your name such as, "MyName's 52" or "MyName's Photo-a-Week Project" so other members can easily track your project. Some Posts May Be NSFW. If you intend to post any questionable images, please include NSFW in the title
Forum rules
Some posts may not be "safe for work". If you intend to post any nude, topless or implied nude images please include the phrase NSFW in your title.
PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Piet's 2020 52 Birds

Post by PietFrancke »

minniev wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:09 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:44 pm

hi Min - thanks. I agree, I think we have trained ourselves to think that detail is more important than mood or emotion. I am not fully satisfied with it, I wish for greater drawing/painting skills - someday I am coming back to this one.
It is inherent from hanging out in (some) photography forums where sharpness is the only goal, and the chase for more of it fuels endless purchases of cameras that guarantee more of it. How many images have you looked at that were sharp but boring? The classical artists we most admire were not so much the ones who could paint a bowl of peaches that looked like a photograph, but those who created a bowl of peaches that made you want to touch or taste them.

My 8 yr old grandson says he paints what something feels like. For Christmas I got him this book
https://www.scholastic.com/teachers/boo ... -reynolds/
make sure you steal that book from him and give us a review!

Psjunkie
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie »

Not sure what happened to my post about this one....and now not sure if I just thought it or wrote it or what but don't remeber what I said so I'll just say good one for now Piet....Hmmmm

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by PietFrancke »

Psjunkie wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:36 pm
Not sure what happened to my post about this one....and now not sure if I just thought it or wrote it or what but don't remeber what I said so I'll just say good one for now Piet....Hmmmm
LOL - sometimes posts don't take - I won't swear to it, but I also think that is happening. But it may just be that you are delusional, that is very possible too!

Psjunkie
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by Psjunkie »

I think we all are....some just more than others

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

Psjunkie wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:34 am
I think we all are....some just more than others
There has been a glitch in the forum ever since the server was updated. I've pestered Duck about it, and today Steve is tinkering, so we shall see what happens next!
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by PietFrancke »

week 6 - running behind, will have to get more shots. All my shots from the last couple of weeks have sucked eggs - so I went looking into the archives from a couple of years ago and found this ibis - and then I played with him until his eyes matched the same glaze that I feel I must have..
ibis.jpg

Psjunkie
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by Psjunkie »

Bahahaha..

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

PietFrancke wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:30 am
week 6 - running behind, will have to get more shots. All my shots from the last couple of weeks have sucked eggs - so I went looking into the archives from a couple of years ago and found this ibis - and then I played with him until his eyes matched the same glaze that I feel I must have..ibis.jpg
What a fantastic catch! I love his expression, and I relate to it too. What strange and troubling times we are in. Watching the news would certainly glaze our eyes over.

Beautifully edited in your classic muted color palette. Muted but rich. So unusual.

I agree that digging through the archives can sometimes distract us from a lack of current "keepers". I'm having grave trouble with both getting out (weather, flooding, pestilence), and finding inspiration.

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by PietFrancke »

minniev wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:05 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
week 6 - running behind, will have to get more shots. All my shots from the last couple of weeks have sucked eggs - so I went looking into the archives from a couple of years ago and found this ibis - and then I played with him until his eyes matched the same glaze that I feel I must have..ibis.jpg
What a fantastic catch! I love his expression, and I relate to it too. What strange and troubling times we are in. Watching the news would certainly glaze our eyes over.

Beautifully edited in your classic muted color palette. Muted but rich. So unusual.

I agree that digging through the archives can sometimes distract us from a lack of current "keepers". I'm having grave trouble with both getting out (weather, flooding, pestilence), and finding inspiration.
set up a still life and light paint - it is a fun project that breaks out the camera and forces some controlled photoshop work too.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

PietFrancke wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:42 pm
minniev wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:05 pm
PietFrancke wrote:

set up a still life and light paint - it is a fun project that breaks out the camera and forces some controlled photoshop work too.
That's on a to-do list. I am SO bad with lighting of any kind.