Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

Project 52Minnie's 2020 52 Project

The goal of Project 52 is to take a photo a week. This is an easier pace than the Project 365.
- Start a thread with your name such as, "MyName's 52" or "MyName's Photo-a-Week Project" so other members can easily track your project. Some Posts May Be NSFW. If you intend to post any questionable images, please include NSFW in the title
Forum rules
Some posts may not be "safe for work". If you intend to post any nude, topless or implied nude images please include the phrase NSFW in your title.
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Minnie's 2020 52 Project

Post by minniev »

uuglypher wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:11 pm
It’s interesting to me that I was so mistaken about the relative effect of the texture permitted on the pads and background! Simply testimony to your mastery of the subtleties of uses of texture! I’ll just have to pay closer attention to whole “texture-affected” genre of imagery!
Via this image, Min, you just may yet get a new convert to the technique!
Many thanks for so gently and persuasively expanding my consciousness, awareness, and perceptions concerning texture use!

Dave
You oughta try it, for some of us it becomes addictive. There are endless ways texture can be used, and of course endless sources of textures to be utilized. In the lily pad image, I only left a trace of the Monet texture on the lily pads because it would have fought with the strong texture of the lily pads themselves. I only left the trace to help with blending. I wanted most of it to show in the water. Most texture nuts I know use it similarly in most kinds of images, more heavily in the background, and more lightly over the subject. But as everywhere, each image is different. Some of my more stylized images have texture more heavily applied throughout.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

This Week's Theme - Your Home

Well, you know what I consider home. I took this one early Friday morning from the hayfield. This is home, and has been since I was born. It's where my mother was born, the home my grandparents built when they married in 1907. I am in the process of applying for the National Register of Historic Places, having cleared the initial process of state endorsement this summer. I will probably include this photo in the application portfolio which has been fun to shoot and edit. I'm applying in the categories of architecture and agriculture, and this is one of the images that will tie the two together in the current era. Since all we grow for use other than our own now is the hay.
Attachments
home (1 of 1).jpg

Psjunkie
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie »

Well rendered and thought out for your purpose........

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

Psjunkie wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:17 pm
Thanks. It's pretty straightforward but I tried to dress it up just a touch.

uuglypher
Mentoris Tribunus
Mentoris Tribunus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by uuglypher »

minniev wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:48 pm
This Week's Theme - Your Home

Well, you know what I consider home. I took this one early Friday morning from the hayfield. This is home, and has been since I was born. It's where my mother was born, the home my grandparents built when they married in 1907. I am in the process of applying for the National Register of Historic Places, having cleared the initial process of state endorsement this summer. I will probably include this photo in the application portfolio which has been fun to shoot and edit. I'm applying in the categories of architecture and agriculture, and this is one of the images that will tie the two together in the current era. Since all we grow for use other than our own now is the hay.
Hi,Min ,
I find this image exceptionally well composed to emphasize depth- not only physical depth of the scene as captured, but complementary to the temporal depth of that site in your family back-story!
I very much admire your use of the absolute center of the end of the rolled big round bale as your strong lower right foreground reference point- the centrifugal expansion of the layers of that bale enhances appreciation of the sequential depths - in time and space- to be entered as one continues to examine the image.
Great composition using the diagonal from the center of the bale to take one back to the general locale of the house!
I enjoy the image!
Dave

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

Psjunkie wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:17 pm

Thank you!

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

uuglypher wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:26 pm

Hi,Min ,
I find this image exceptionally well composed to emphasize depth- not only physical depth of the scene as captured, but complementary to the temporal depth of that site in your family back-story!
I very much admire your use of the absolute center of the end of the rolled big round bale as your strong lower right foreground reference point- the centrifugal expansion of the layers of that bale enhances appreciation of the sequential depths - in time and space- to be entered as one continues to examine the image.
Great composition using the diagonal from the center of the bale to take one back to the general locale of the house!
I enjoy the image!
Dave
Glad you like it. I didn't have good light so I tried to make the most of it in post.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

This week's theme - Face Shot

I couldn't get anyone to cooperate with me except Cowboy, my son's cat. Cowboy is not at all self conscious about his notched ears and battered eye. Given his personality I'm sure he thinks they are attractive signs of his toughness on the streets in the years before he was persuaded to become somewhat domesticated.
Attachments
cowboy (1 of 1).jpg

Psjunkie
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus

Post by Psjunkie »

I'm just hard to please today I guess, Good face shot but too much other distraction drawing me away

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

Psjunkie wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:09 am
I'm just hard to please today I guess, Good face shot but too much other distraction drawing me away
Thanks for the feedback. If you think of something else to do with the shot, show me! Always interested in other versions, ya know.