Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

Project 52Minnie's 2020 52 Project

The goal of Project 52 is to take a photo a week. This is an easier pace than the Project 365.
- Start a thread with your name such as, "MyName's 52" or "MyName's Photo-a-Week Project" so other members can easily track your project. Some Posts May Be NSFW. If you intend to post any questionable images, please include NSFW in the title
Forum rules
Some posts may not be "safe for work". If you intend to post any nude, topless or implied nude images please include the phrase NSFW in your title.
User avatar
St3v3Murray
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 5051
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Re: Minnie's 2020 52 Project

Post by St3v3Murray »

minniev wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 3:09 pm
Theme - In My Kitchen

Since I have two kitchens, one here and one at the country house, I did several. Here's the first. The main part of it is generated by a PS action called Squicker that I would like if it worked. Like most of my PS actions, it quits after one or two steps and starts telling me that the step "whatever" is not available. Occasionally even though it spits out these warnings, it will end up with something halfway usable. This is one of the few, with other fiddling added.
I like it, maybe it needs a bit more something maybe not, but as-is reminds me of a watercolor and feels right somehow! S-

photoshop actions fail
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Posts: 6265
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev »

St3v3Murray wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 6:19 pm
minniev wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 3:09 pm
Theme - In My Kitchen

Since I have two kitchens, one here and one at the country house, I did several. Here's the first. The main part of it is generated by a PS action called Squicker that I would like if it worked. Like most of my PS actions, it quits after one or two steps and starts telling me that the step "whatever" is not available. Occasionally even though it spits out these warnings, it will end up with something halfway usable. This is one of the few, with other fiddling added.
I like it, maybe it needs a bit more something maybe not, but as-is reminds me of a watercolor and feels right somehow! S-

photoshop actions fail
Thanks! I wasn't sure what else to do with it so I quit while I thought I might be ahead!!
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2570
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke »

I like that green glass - I was gonna say what Frank said.. some actions have very specific requirements about what you call the background layer too, and you have to have certain brushes loaded. For me, I am starting to thing they are more bother than what it is worth, since they only seem to live so long before things start falling apart and you have to reinstall them or something. But regardless, I like what you got out of it!!!

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Posts: 6265
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev »

PietFrancke wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 3:14 am
I like that green glass - I was gonna say what Frank said.. some actions have very specific requirements about what you call the background layer too, and you have to have certain brushes loaded. For me, I am starting to thing they are more bother than what it is worth, since they only seem to live so long before things start falling apart and you have to reinstall them or something. But regardless, I like what you got out of it!!!
I seldom fool with them for that reason but with excess time on my hands...

I had thought to try and troubleshoot the darned things but it turned out to be a lot of work for minimal benefit. But I do have a couple that I like on the odd image. I wish they weren’t so quirky.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2570
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke »

minniev wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 4:20 am
PietFrancke wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 3:14 am
I like that green glass - I was gonna say what Frank said.. some actions have very specific requirements about what you call the background layer too, and you have to have certain brushes loaded. For me, I am starting to thing they are more bother than what it is worth, since they only seem to live so long before things start falling apart and you have to reinstall them or something. But regardless, I like what you got out of it!!!
I seldom fool with them for that reason but with excess time on my hands...

I had thought to try and troubleshoot the darned things but it turned out to be a lot of work for minimal benefit. But I do have a couple that I like on the odd image. I wish they weren’t so quirky.
for your favorites, that you really like, perhaps a reinstall. Sometimes when photoshop upgrades brushes disappear. And sure enough about three weeks ago, I lost my brushes. I started googling around and a key/easy way to do it is to save your brushes. (Export Selected Brushes). And then later when you lose them, just Import Brushes. Next time for me, it won't be so hard to recover, since I have a place now where the brush folders get saved.

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Posts: 6265
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev »

PietFrancke wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 1:04 pm
minniev wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 4:20 am
PietFrancke wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 3:14 am
I like that green glass - I was gonna say what Frank said.. some actions have very specific requirements about what you call the background layer too, and you have to have certain brushes loaded. For me, I am starting to thing they are more bother than what it is worth, since they only seem to live so long before things start falling apart and you have to reinstall them or something. But regardless, I like what you got out of it!!!
I seldom fool with them for that reason but with excess time on my hands...

I had thought to try and troubleshoot the darned things but it turned out to be a lot of work for minimal benefit. But I do have a couple that I like on the odd image. I wish they weren’t so quirky.
for your favorites, that you really like, perhaps a reinstall. Sometimes when photoshop upgrades brushes disappear. And sure enough about three weeks ago, I lost my brushes. I started googling around and a key/easy way to do it is to save your brushes. (Export Selected Brushes). And then later when you lose them, just Import Brushes. Next time for me, it won't be so hard to recover, since I have a place now where the brush folders get saved.
Reinstalling actions often revives them briefly but they soon lose their minds again. What are they doing while we aren’t using them?

I had the same thing happen with my brushes about the same time you are describing. It may have been some update they did that killed them. I will try your trick. I am still trying to find all the brushes I like to keep in my favorites. I have a ton of brushes but don’t necessarily want them all loaded all the time. I hate that feeling when you go to the brush collection and there ain’t nothing there but the basic ones.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Posts: 6265
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev »

More In My Kitchen - The Country House

You've seen another from this series, edited a different way. The kitchen at the country house is very different than the kitchen here. It is a photo op all its own, with morning light that I've loved all my life, and various artifacts mixed in with the utilitarian stuff. It is my favorite place to shoot pictures in the old house. I drag stuff in that I find in the outbuildings, or stowed away somewhere, and play with it there. This is just a random shot of what happened to be on the old metal counters that morning, fiddle with in various ways in PS to create a painterly look.
Attachments
kitchenb (1 of 1).jpg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2570
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke »

beautiful color and light - and it feels like morning, all fresh and new.

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Posts: 6265
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev »

PietFrancke wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 6:47 pm
beautiful color and light - and it feels like morning, all fresh and new.
Thanks, that's what it felt like!
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Posts: 3210
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Psjunkie »

Love your kitchen window shots...the curtains I think, add so much. Nicely processed

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests