Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

Project 52Minnie's 2020 52 Project

The goal of Project 52 is to take a photo a week. This is an easier pace than the Project 365.
- Start a thread with your name such as, "MyName's 52" or "MyName's Photo-a-Week Project" so other members can easily track your project. Some Posts May Be NSFW. If you intend to post any questionable images, please include NSFW in the title
Forum rules
Some posts may not be "safe for work". If you intend to post any nude, topless or implied nude images please include the phrase NSFW in your title.
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Minnie's 2020 52 Project

Post by minniev »

St3v3M wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:33 am
It's interesting to look at a project from a distance, the images are great, but the collection tells so much about the artist! S-
My 52 projects are undertaken as an antidote for sloth and lack of inspiration. I am sure if taken as a whole someone who doesn't know me (and perhaps someone who DOES know me) might conclude I am an lunatic or a monkey who got hold of a camera somehow. Instead of making the weekly theme a simple undertaking I use it to try crazy stuff that most often ends poorly. But it does keep me thinking, in some way, about art.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

PietFrancke
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus

Post by PietFrancke »

minniev wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:32 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:41 am
minniev wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:26 pm
Determination isn't always a good thing though.
perhaps not always good, but always very powerful determination is. Determination and persistence SHOULD be held in higher regards than intelligence and good looks. Ultimately determination and persistence will take you much further (though my good looks have taken me far).
You're one of the most determined artists I've known. Your digital painting within a self designed project outstrip anything I've tried.
Ha! Yes, that is the benefit from biting off more than you can chew - you paint yourself into the corner - the eyes are large and now my belly is large too.

St3v3Murray
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3Murray »

minniev wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:35 pm
My 52 projects are undertaken as an antidote for sloth and lack of inspiration. I am sure if taken as a whole someone who doesn't know me (and perhaps someone who DOES know me) might conclude I am an lunatic or a monkey who got hold of a camera somehow. Instead of making the weekly theme a simple undertaking I use it to try crazy stuff that most often ends poorly. But it does keep me thinking, in some way, about art.
I love the thought of a monkey taking pictures and posting to your account! Love it! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

davechinn
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Post by davechinn »

Very impressive. While I like both, the second holds my interest more. The story behind it cannot be taken for granted and will always appreciated.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

St3v3M wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:03 am
minniev wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:35 pm
I love the thought of a monkey taking pictures and posting to your account! Love it! S-
Monkeys might have more inspiration...

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

davechinn wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:37 pm
Very impressive. While I like both, the second holds my interest more. The story behind it cannot be taken for granted and will always appreciated.
One thing about photography, if we can motivate ourselves to pick up the camera, there is always something to do..

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

Weekly assignment: Mix of Poem and Image

So, I was reading a birthday tribute to the late Rosa Parks, whose bold actions against segregation of public transit in Alabama made her a quiet hero, and I had an idea for a collage. I was headed to New Orleans so I took some photos on the trolleys there, did some research on their history in the civil rights era, tracked down a 1955 image by Robert Frank of the NOLA streetcars, found an historical photo of Rosa Parks on her famous ride, then chose one of the many poetic tributes to her, and cobbled it all together.
Attachments
1.jpg

Psjunkie
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie »

Nice cobbling......

minniev
Mentoris Supremus