Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting Room / General Discussions / Introduce yourself

Project 52Minnie's 2020 52 Project

The goal of Project 52 is to take a photo a week. This is an easier pace than the Project 365.
- Start a thread with your name such as, "MyName's 52" or "MyName's Photo-a-Week Project" so other members can easily track your project. Some Posts May Be NSFW. If you intend to post any questionable images, please include NSFW in the title
Forum rules
Some posts may not be "safe for work". If you intend to post any nude, topless or implied nude images please include the phrase NSFW in your title.
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Minnie's 2020 52 Project

Post by minniev »

Topic #1 - Time

Here's my first offering for 2020. A quickie, for which I apologize. I was waiting to leave on a fine three day excursion, taking our grandson to New Orleans on his very first trip without either of his parents, so the trip was all that was on my mind.

I snapped a shot of a broken antique necklace-watch (hand-me-down from a long dead great aunt when I was about 12) with my phone, and stirred it up in a pot with several textures and found objects from a variety of sources, fiddled in various softwares and came out with this.

Anyone is still invited to join our 52 project, or just follow along here with the themes, or use the Wheel, or use whatever your own mind conjures up. The point is, the commitment to capture and post an image a week is a good way to keep your camera from getting bored.
Attachments
IMG_0006D-Edit.jpg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Psjunkie
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie »

Your imagination and skill turning same into visual appeal is outstanding....

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

Psjunkie wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:01 am
Your imagination and skill turning same into visual appeal is outstanding....
I dunno about all that but thanks!

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by PietFrancke »

yep - your imagination and skill creating wonderful visual appeal is outstanding!! Really like the color set here.

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

PietFrancke wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:07 pm
yep - your imagination and skill creating wonderful visual appeal is outstanding!! Really like the color set here.
Thanks Piet.

(Might you start a 52 project of your own this year?)

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by PietFrancke »

minniev wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:16 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:07 pm
Thanks Piet.

(Might you start a 52 project of your own this year?)
where might I find the rules?

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

PietFrancke wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:04 pm

More than one way to skin this cat:
1. Click on the Wheel link in this post and spin the wheel to get a topic. I did this the first year, but it required some bookkeeping to prevent repeating the topics as they don't get removed after you do them.
2. Do a topic-less 52 project like Dave Chinn did last year. He just made his own choices.
3. Either join my 52 group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327777904493968/ or just rip off our theme list and follow it here on pM. I participate in the 52 group but post my creations here in the 52 thread on pM too. The group is friendly, requires no critique, it's just sharing. If you get behind you just catch up on your own schedule. Nobody pesters you. Our emphasis is on artistic images but that's not required, and we have everything from iphone snapshooters to sophisticated compositors. Not many rules. Post a new or newly reworked image every week following the theme schedule, be nice. That's about it. Having the weekly prompt pushes me outside my usual realm sometimes, and I've learned from it. Also helps keep my camera from growing moss when I get uninspired which happens too often. The group was started by Denise Love, who owns Two Li'l Owls which you may recognize from Awake etc as an instructor/content provider. Denise announced last year that she was closing it and a group of us members took it over and it's no longer connected to any commercial endeavor.

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by PietFrancke »

minniev wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:41 pm
PietFrancke wrote:

1. Click on the Wheel link in this post and spin the wheel to get a topic. I did this the first year, but it required some bookkeeping to prevent repeating the topics as they don't get removed after you do them.
2. Do a topic-less 52 project like Dave Chinn did last year. He just made his own choices.
3. Either join my 52 group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327777904493968/ or just rip off our theme list and follow it here on pM. I participate in the 52 group but post my creations here in the 52 thread on pM too. The group is friendly, requires no critique, it's just sharing. If you get behind you just catch up on your own schedule. Nobody pesters you. Our emphasis is on artistic images but that's not required, and we have everything from iphone snapshooters to sophisticated compositors. Not many rules. Post a new or newly reworked image every week following the theme schedule, be nice. That's about it. Having the weekly prompt pushes me outside my usual realm sometimes, and I've learned from it. Also helps keep my camera from growing moss when I get uninspired which happens too often. The group was started by Denise Love, who owns Two Li'l Owls which you may recognize from Awake etc as an instructor/content provider. Denise announced last year that she was closing it and a group of us members took it over and it's no longer connected to any commercial endeavor.
I am going to do 52 weeks of Piet's birds - I will post here on PM, can I get away with that in your facebook group too?

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev »

PietFrancke wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:21 pm
minniev wrote:
PietFrancke wrote:

I am going to do 52 weeks of Piet's birds - I will post here on PM, can I get away with that in your facebook group too?
Since it is based on assigned weekly themes, probably not. You might ought stick to pM. Unless you wanta do two! (I did that the first year, one here and one on the FB group). I think a bird theme is great though. I remember you mentioning Flickr, do you still post there? Maybe a series there? A dedicated FB site that you put these on? (I have one that's in addition to my personal FB site, that I use just for my better photos). Do you have a Portfolio on Adobe? If you have a subscription to LR/PS, you can have your own website for no cost. Easy to do. I want to see these beauties spread far and wide!!!

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by PietFrancke »

minniev wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:42 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:21 pm
minniev wrote:

Since it is based on assigned weekly themes, probably not. You might ought stick to pM. Unless you wanta do two! (I did that the first year, one here and one on the FB group). I think a bird theme is great though. I remember you mentioning Flickr, do you still post there? Maybe a series there? A dedicated FB site that you put these on? (I have one that's in addition to my personal FB site, that I use just for my better photos). Do you have a Portfolio on Adobe? If you have a subscription to LR/PS, you can have your own website for no cost. Easy to do. I want to see these beauties spread far and wide!!!
I'm not organized on Flickr, but I post my good ones there - my only complaint with PM, is that it is pretty low res - I like being able to retrieve my images should the computer crash or house burn down... so they go to three or four places.