Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting / Room General Discussions / Introduce yourself
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." - Leo Buscaglia

Project 52Minne's NEW 2019 52

Forum rules
Some posts may not be "safe for work". If you intend to post any nude, topless or implied nude images please include the phrase NSFW in your title.
User avatar
davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1797
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Re: Minne's NEW 2019 52

Post by davechinn » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:22 am

minniev wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:41 pm
Theme - Rustic

All of you have seen several failed versions of the piece of rusty farm equipment that sits in my yard. I am still trying to figure out what to do with it. It's too heavy to move, and there's too much stuff in any direction to isolate it. So this time I tried abstracting it and going to an artistic composite that doesn't have much detail. Added chicken wire and a random scrap.

Even tho this might be a little busy, I have no choice but to like everything about the works of this image.
Dave
https://www.davechinn.com/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/35722922@N02/albums

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

User avatar
davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1797
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by davechinn » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:26 am

minniev wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:10 pm
I could not shoot any photos this week and am not sure when I can. So instead, I am posting an image of my dear companion and best friend for 11 years, who died Saturday in my arms, totally unexpectedly. My heart is broken. When those we love die, both human and animal, we relive every other loss. Grief has its own path, and I'll adjust, but not quite yet.

So sorry for your loss Minnie.
Dave
https://www.davechinn.com/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/35722922@N02/albums

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Posts: 4751
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:24 am

davechinn wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:26 am
minniev wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:10 pm
I could not shoot any photos this week and am not sure when I can. So instead, I am posting an image of my dear companion and best friend for 11 years, who died Saturday in my arms, totally unexpectedly. My heart is broken. When those we love die, both human and animal, we relive every other loss. Grief has its own path, and I'll adjust, but not quite yet.

So sorry for your loss Minnie.
Dave
Thanks Dave
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Posts: 4751
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:31 pm

This week's theme was Black and White. I am still sick of body and spirit, but picked up a camera today for the first time in 2 weeks and took a photo of what was nearest my chair: a little statuette that once belonged to my mother in law - to see if I could vaguely remember how to do a selection, change a backdrop, and experiment with some software that emulates results from old film. Then, since I recalled how to use LIghtroom, I chose a random old picture to convert.
Attachments
statue.jpg
bird (1 of 1)-3.jpg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Posts: 2319
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Psjunkie » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:46 pm

Both enjoyable to view...nicely creative with the first...well done

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Posts: 4751
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:19 pm

Psjunkie wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:46 pm
Both enjoyable to view...nicely creative with the first...well done
thanks
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1797
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by davechinn » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:23 pm

minniev wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:31 pm
This week's theme was Black and White. I am still sick of body and spirit, but picked up a camera today for the first time in 2 weeks and took a photo of what was nearest my chair: a little statuette that once belonged to my mother in law - to see if I could vaguely remember how to do a selection, change a backdrop, and experiment with some software that emulates results from old film. Then, since I recalled how to use LIghtroom, I chose a random old picture to convert.

Nice work on the background selection on your first image. I would say you have success with that attempt, the subject and background seem to blend very well together.

Your second image is a rather interesting character. The depth of field, separation and bokeh is pleasing and compliments him, but maybe a little darker sky would enhance the view of him a little more. I think that's what I want to say? Can you share a little more information about him? Where was this taken, etc. This is one I would liked to have captured.

Two weeks without the camera sounds oh so familiar, sometimes it takes a good kick in the you know what to get back on track.
Dave
https://www.davechinn.com/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/35722922@N02/albums

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Posts: 4751
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:53 pm

davechinn wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:23 pm
minniev wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:31 pm
This week's theme was Black and White. I am still sick of body and spirit, but picked up a camera today for the first time in 2 weeks and took a photo of what was nearest my chair: a little statuette that once belonged to my mother in law - to see if I could vaguely remember how to do a selection, change a backdrop, and experiment with some software that emulates results from old film. Then, since I recalled how to use LIghtroom, I chose a random old picture to convert.

Nice work on the background selection on your first image. I would say you have success with that attempt, the subject and background seem to blend very well together.

Your second image is a rather interesting character. The depth of field, separation and bokeh is pleasing and compliments him, but maybe a little darker sky would enhance the view of him a little more. I think that's what I want to say? Can you share a little more information about him? Where was this taken, etc. This is one I would liked to have captured.

Two weeks without the camera sounds oh so familiar, sometimes it takes a good kick in the you know what to get back on track.
Dave
Thanks Dave, for your thoughts. The guy in the second shot was part of a large group of Sikh tourists I ran into at Niagara Falls a couple of years ago. The Falls is in the background. I didn’t do much with the image other than convert it in LR. I may think of some other use for it. He has a nice mysterious look.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1789
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:44 pm

good work Min . I am at a point where I need to push myself, I am getting bogged down watching a particular dragon painting tutorial that I need to finish. The best for you and those close to you! Hang in in there.

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Posts: 4751
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:12 pm

This week's theme: Green

I don't know how old this utility barn in the Natchez cemetery may be, but it sure isn't new, especially looking at the hardware on it. The cemetery itself has graves from the 1700s to present day. I tried a painterly approach to this rather mundane shot.
Attachments
barn (1 of 1).jpg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest