Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting / Room General Discussions / Introduce yourself
“Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.” ― Pablo Picasso

Project 52Minne's NEW 2019 52

Forum rules
Some posts may not be "safe for work". If you intend to post any nude, topless or implied nude images please include the phrase NSFW in your title.
minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Re: Minne's NEW 2019 52

Post by minniev » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:15 pm

Light Painting:
Caught in the full force of Thanksgiving preparations last week, I surely forgot to post my 52 offering. I cheated, I think, because I didn't shoot it last week, I shot it last month. I had every intention of trying again but trying to cook my first Thanksgiving dinner in the country house and host the entire Van Every clan there (all beds and couches were full of people large and small, plus 4 dogs) took all the resources this old lady had. Here is my offering, processed last week but shot on Monhegan under Duck's tutelage, with his help for settings and actions.
Attachments
tree (1 of 1).jpg
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:24 pm

Ribbon

OK, so I'm back from the country house with 7 loads of laundry (all those sheets and towels and tablecloths!), and legs tired from the fun of chasing 3 little boys and 4 dogs.

And today my assignment is due. I can find no ribbon other than a wrinkled foot long strand of yellow walmart ribbon left over from a birthday gift. I wanted to set up something using this new glass ball I just bought for $5, but that needs a tripod, and I accidentally left my tripod in the country house where I used it to take a family photo using a shutter delay so I could be in it.

So, hand held and manually focus stacked, here is something made of wrinkled ribbon, a lap quilt my cousin made for me, the glass ball, and of course photoshop.

NOTE TO ALL: PLEASE CONSIDER PARTICIPATING IN A 52 CHALLENGE NEXT YEAR. I INVITE ALL OF YOU TO CREATE YOUR OWN, OR FOLLOW THE WHEEL SPINNING THREAD, OR JOIN MY FACEBOOK 52 GROUP THAT I CROSS POST ON.
Attachments
ribbon (1 of 1).jpg

Psjunkie
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Psjunkie » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:46 am

So seeing all the pros right off....I scrolled slowly down digesting every word you so elegantly feed us...then I pause..pause a little more..and find one of the best pieces of art displayed on this site since I've been a member. Wow..!

minniev
Mentoris Supremus
Mentoris Supremus

Post by minniev » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:07 pm

Psjunkie wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:46 am
So seeing all the pros right off....I scrolled slowly down digesting every word you so elegantly feed us...then I pause..pause a little more..and find one of the best pieces of art displayed on this site since I've been a member. Wow..!
Gee frank. Thanks so much!

PietFrancke
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus

Post by PietFrancke » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:23 am

I am thinking you do well with dogs and children, really like those last two shots, love the touchable detail on the tree - the shapes and form is wonderful. (how do we find your facebook 52 thingy?)