"One day you are a signature, next day you are an autograph." —Billy Wilder

Project 52Dave's Project 52

Forum rules
Some posts may not be "safe for work". If you intend to post any nude, topless or implied nude images please include the phrase NSFW in your title.
davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Re: Dave's Project 52

Post by davechinn » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:14 pm

St3v3M wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:53 pm
davechinn wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:02 pm
Week #7 of Project 52 and a much needed "mind meld" from me is in order for creative ideas of subject matter. ...
There's a power and beauty to these images that remind of something I'd see in a gallery showing. It's your composition and use of space, and the processing of course, but it's more than that, there's an intimate feeling that you somehow capture that's inviting and makes you want to know more, almost as if we are there with you. I hope you continue on this! S-

Thank you Steve !!! Your descriptive kind comments is a encouragement and is very much appreciative.
Dave
http://www.davechinn.com/

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by PietFrancke » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:18 pm

I like 1 and 2 for the people, their body language. on three -

dark tunnel of tiles
I'm gonna get out of here
into the bright light

davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by davechinn » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:36 pm

St3v3M wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:53 pm
davechinn wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:02 pm
Week #7 of Project 52 and a much needed "mind meld" from me is in order for creative ideas of subject matter. ...
There's a power and beauty to these images that remind of something I'd see in a gallery showing. It's your composition and use of space, and the processing of course, but it's more than that, there's an intimate feeling that you somehow capture that's inviting and makes you want to know more, almost as if we are there with you. I hope you continue on this! S-

Thanks Steve, glad this has an impact for you. Now I know I'm never alone !!!
Dave

David Alan Harvey

davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by davechinn » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:16 pm

Week #8 and moving right along !!! I went out Sunday for awhile and came back with a couple of images that were make do. Not being satisfied I went out again Monday. Struggling for unique subject matter, I was about to give up for the day because I was running into a lighting issue. Having been to Devou Park Drees Pavilion many a time to capture one of my favorite places for skyline shots of Cincinnati. Most may be getting tired of seeing the same ole', same ole', but I can't help myself. I like what I like and I'm sure you do as well. Soooo ..... here is another Cincinnati skyline image.

However, after the skyline was taken, I just happen to see a couple taking selfies with a cellphone. I debated with myself for a couple of minutes only to force myself to approach them. My stumbling words were "Okay, I'm gonna step out of my comfort zone to talk to strangers". I gave them a card with my info, "I would like to take a few shots of you two", "email me and I'll send you digital copies". The rest is history, and they were more than happy. A win, win situation. Here is Tyrone and Miss Cynthia, was the term introduced to me.

Afterwards, I crawled back into my shell and went home. This why I say street photography/street portraits is therapeutic, for me !!!
Dave
Attachments
Cincinnati DEC_4126w.jpg
Cincinnati Skyline
Tyrone and Cynthia DEC_4127w B&W.jpg
Tyrone & Miss Cynthia #1
Tyrone and Cynthia DEC_4128w B&W.jpg
Tyrone & Miss Cynthia #2
Tyrone and Cynthia DEC_4129w B&W.jpg
Tyrone & Miss Cynthia #3

David Alan Harvey

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:18 pm

davechinn wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:16 pm
Week #8 and moving right along !!! I went out Sunday for awhile and came back with a couple of images that were make do. Not being satisfied I went out again Monday. Struggling for unique subject matter, I was about to give up for the day because I was running into a lighting issue. Having been to Devou Park Drees Pavilion many a time to capture one of my favorite places for skyline shots of Cincinnati. Most may be getting tired of seeing the same ole', same ole', but I can't help myself. I like what I like and I'm sure you do as well. Soooo ..... here is another Cincinnati skyline image.

However, after the skyline was taken, I just happen to see a couple taking selfies with a cellphone. I debated with myself for a couple of minutes only to force myself to approach them. My stumbling words were "Okay, I'm gonna step out of my comfort zone to talk to strangers". I gave them a card with my info, "I would like to take a few shots of you two", "email me and I'll send you digital copies". The rest is history, and they were more than happy. A win, win situation. Here is Tyrone and Miss Cynthia, was the term introduced to me.

Afterwards, I crawled back into my shell and went home. This why I say street photography/street portraits is therapeutic, for me !!!
Dave
You've found your gift! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by davechinn » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:39 pm

St3v3M wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:18 pm
davechinn wrote:

Dave
You've found your gift! S-

Thanks Steve !!! Sometimes I wonder.
Dave

David Alan Harvey

PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by PietFrancke » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:26 pm

wonder no more... I am enjoying the low saturation sky line over the trees and river - I think cityscapes and cloudy skies work well. And your people shots are wonderful

davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by davechinn » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:56 pm

PietFrancke wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:26 pm
wonder no more... I am enjoying the low saturation sky line over the trees and river - I think cityscapes and cloudy skies work well. And your people shots are wonderful

Thanks Piet !!! I have retrieved some of my confidence back.
Dave

David Alan Harvey

LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by LindaShorey » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:02 pm

Massive clouds from a low sky pressing down on the cityscape - very effective! Tyrone's love for Miss Cynthia comes across so naturally and beautifully in the first of those three shots. And she looks confident and appreciative of his admiration. I like that shot very much.
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

minniev
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister

Post by minniev » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:37 pm

davechinn wrote:

Dave
Wonderful images of Tyrone and Miss Cynthia, especially like the last one. You captured personality + relationship. Excellent! I am sure they enjoyed them. When I converse with street photo subjects, I always offer images to be sent by email. When photographing the homeless, I offer to bring a print the next time I'm there. I've never had anyone turn me down.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones