"Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be." —John Wooden

Project 52Dave's Project 52

Forum rules
Some posts may not be "safe for work". If you intend to post any nude, topless or implied nude images please include the phrase NSFW in your title.
davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Re: Dave's Project 52

Post by davechinn » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:25 pm

LindaShorey wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:28 pm
I loved the fish-eye bridge shot, Dave! Very unique and engaging. This musician image is stunningly pp'd, and as Matt mentions, the hint of crowd in background adds a great deal to the story.

Thanks Linda !!! The bridge image was an experimental shot with a new lens and I'm gonna need more practice to achieve my goal of acceptance. I'm pleased with that shot but felt that maybe a different angle or composition would have been more acceptable to me.

As I mention to Minnie, I'm pleased with the musician image as well, and I appreciate you and others that have commented.
Dave

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by St3v3M » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:46 am

davechinn wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:30 pm
Week #4 of Project 52. I have forced myself out 3 times this week only to accept my third outing to be the addition of week 4.

This is an image of Cincinnati/Ohio River that was shot from a different location that I usually don't go, but has a different point of view. I'm including a B&W and color version, because the bridge is bright yellow, but my version has been toned down some. The bridge is known to the locals as the Big Mac Bridge, but the proper name is Daniel Carter Beard Bridge. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Ca ... ard_Bridge

The B&W version I used a 16mm f2.8 fisheye lens, where the color version was with a 80-200mm f2.8 at 80mm range.
Wow to the second! I love that bridge, and the composition is perfect! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member

Post by St3v3M » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:48 am

davechinn wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:52 pm
... I'm trying to mix things up and do struggle from week to week with subject matter. I do think once the weather breaks things will become easier for me.
Dave
I sometimes wonder if the struggle is part of the art. S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by davechinn » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:03 pm

Thanks Steve !!! Glad you like the bridge image. You may be on to something, ("I sometimes wonder if the struggle is part of the art") I never thought about but need to bring to surface for better understanding.
Dave

davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by davechinn » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:53 pm

Week #6 of Project 52 leads me to horseback riding. While out yesterday looking for something unusual and different to capture for this week, I was reminded of a story that was obviously a joke that was to lead one to believe the story is to be true.

Here is the story: “Just wanted to let you all know… I had a terrible accident yesterday afternoon.. but I am doing better now.. I decided yesterday to go horseback riding in which I haven’t done in my whole entire life. Well, I got on the horse and started out slow and then we went a little faster and then we were going as fast as the horse could go…all of a sudden I fell off and caught my foot in the stirrup and the horse was dragging me around in a circleddddIt wouldn’t stopddddjust going around and around in a circle.. if it weren’t for a quick thinking man (I owe my life to) I would probably not have made x…thank goodness the store manager came out and unplugged the machine.

Posted is my horse 'Champ', I'm sure most of us have been on and ridden something of this nature as a child, or maybe even as an adult.

The posted sign at the bottom reads: DISCLAIMER: Children must be accompanied by an adult and only one child can ride at a time.
Children must weigh less than 65lbs to ride the Champ.

Champ was born in 1951. He is old and back then this disclaimer wasn't even necessary.

RIDE CHAMP AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Attachments
Champ DEC_9444w B&W.jpg
'Champ'

davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by davechinn » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:20 pm

I thought I would post another of 'Champ'. He is plugged in and ready to ride for 25 cents. If I remember correctly it was only a nickel the last time I rode, inflation !!!
Attachments
Champ DEC_9446w color.jpg
'Champ' in living color

PietFrancke
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by PietFrancke » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:37 pm

it is very good to see Champ again, he brings back memories. Good work sir!

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Matt Quinn » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:13 am

Dave, What a lonely street! Champ must wonder where all the people are. But he cuts loose after dark and wanders the neighborhoods, giving clever little children dream rides. I really like the B&W; no surprise. Well done. Matt
Matt Quinn

"One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you'd be stricken blind." Dorothea Lange

davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by davechinn » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:05 pm

PietFrancke wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:37 pm
it is very good to see Champ again, he brings back memories. Good work sir!

Champ does bring back some long forgotten memories Piet. Thank you !!!
Dave

davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by davechinn » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:15 pm

Matt Quinn wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:13 am
Dave, What a lonely street! Champ must wonder where all the people are. But he cuts loose after dark and wanders the neighborhoods, giving clever little children dream rides. I really like the B&W; no surprise. Well done. Matt

Matt, the area does appear to be lonely and deserted, only because it was early Sunday morning. Things picked up later though. I too, prefer the B&W, but I thought I would add a color version. Thanks for commenting.
Dave