Welcome new members. If you have been recently invited to join our forum, welcome.
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself at The Meeting / Room General Discussions / Introduce yourself
"Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better." - Pat Riley

Project 52Dave's Project 52

Forum rules
Some posts may not be "safe for work". If you intend to post any nude, topless or implied nude images please include the phrase NSFW in your title.
User avatar
davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1818
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Re: Dave's Project 52

Post by davechinn » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:42 pm

Psjunkie wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:44 pm
Great one, she could have a modeling career......with the right manager

Thanks Frank !!! :| 8): management has left the building.
Dave
https://www.davechinn.com/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/35722922@N02/albums

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Posts: 4922
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:46 pm

davechinn wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:53 pm
Winding down to week 51 happens to be a vision within reach at this point. This week I have the urge to post an image of our "Bulldog". This happens to be our second one. The first we lost at age three, which seemed unusual. Lennon is six years old and while she is loveable, she doesn't care to cuddle.
That is a baleful look she’s giving you! Cute wrinkly thing. 51, one more to go. Are you gonna join me in another project? Cmon!
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1818
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by davechinn » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:55 pm

PietFrancke wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:03 pm
Lennon looks like she likes her picture taken. Love the mantle, the bison looks awesome on the brick wall!
Thanks Piet !!! It just appears that she likes her picture taken. Doesn't happen very often, but she does like to watch TV.
Attachments
IMG_0610.jpg
https://www.davechinn.com/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/35722922@N02/albums

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Imperator
Mentoris Imperator
Posts: 4922
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:37 pm

davechinn wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:55 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:03 pm
Lennon looks like she likes her picture taken. Love the mantle, the bison looks awesome on the brick wall!
Thanks Piet !!! It just appears that she likes her picture taken. Doesn't happen very often, but she does like to watch TV.
Looks like she has a fantasy about herding hoofed animals!
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1818
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by davechinn » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:31 pm

minniev wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:37 pm
davechinn wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:55 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:03 pm
Lennon looks like she likes her picture taken. Love the mantle, the bison looks awesome on the brick wall!
Thanks Piet !!! It just appears that she likes her picture taken. Doesn't happen very often, but she does like to watch TV.
Looks like she has a fantasy about herding hoofed animals!

Yes it started out that way, but now her variety has expanded. I don't think I have witnessed a dog more in tune to television. She does keep us entertained.
https://www.davechinn.com/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/35722922@N02/albums

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

User avatar
davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1818
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by davechinn » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:19 pm

Here I am, finally to 52 !!! Sometimes it was a struggle to keep on task but now, I feel the accomplishment of the finish line. So much so I think I will maybe do it again but while I'm at it may study and practice more about what it takes to become a more accomplished photographer. https://www.picturecorrect.com/tips/top ... tographer/

To finish up this 52 project, I will add a couple of images taken with the needed much more practice with the fisheye lens. These were taken from the Carew Tower Observation Deck in Cincinnati. https://cincinnatiusa.com/things-to-do/ ... ation-deck I have been up there several times, but there was something a bit more frighting on the 45 story elevator ride up that I decided to walked the last four flights of stairs to the 49th floor. Not exactly sure why, maybe being alone in the elevator that many flights with nothing else to think about except "what if" and I will leave it at that. A quote from Forrest Gump seems to fit here, "And That’s All I’ve Got to Say About That"!
Attachments
Cincinnati DEC_1412w.jpg
#1
Cincinnati DEC_1415 #2w.jpg
#2
https://www.davechinn.com/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/35722922@N02/albums

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Magnus
Mentoris Magnus
Posts: 2412
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Psjunkie » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:44 pm

Glad to see you getting the hang of that lens...both good images Dave with #1 taking the cake in my opinion..having that straight area lead toward the setting sun really gives the image some impact for me....congratulations are in order for 52!!

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1826
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:46 pm

davechinn wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:55 pm
PietFrancke wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:03 pm
Lennon looks like she likes her picture taken. Love the mantle, the bison looks awesome on the brick wall!
Thanks Piet !!! It just appears that she likes her picture taken. Doesn't happen very often, but she does like to watch TV.
That is funny... mostly our labs ignore the TV, except one day when we had a National Geographic on, and there were big cats. They paid attention that day for some reason...

User avatar
PietFrancke
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1826
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: WV
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by PietFrancke » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:47 pm

davechinn wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:19 pm
Here I am, finally to 52 !!! Sometimes it was a struggle to keep on task but now, I feel the accomplishment of the finish line. So much so I think I will maybe do it again but while I'm at it may study and practice more about what it takes to become a more accomplished photographer. https://www.picturecorrect.com/tips/top ... tographer/

To finish up this 52 project, I will add a couple of images taken with the needed much more practice with the fisheye lens. These were taken from the Carew Tower Observation Deck in Cincinnati. https://cincinnatiusa.com/things-to-do/ ... ation-deck I have been up there several times, but there was something a bit more frighting on the 45 story elevator ride up that I decided to walked the last four flights of stairs to the 49th floor. Not exactly sure why, maybe being alone in the elevator that many flights with nothing else to think about except "what if" and I will leave it at that. A quote from Forrest Gump seems to fit here, "And That’s All I’ve Got to Say About That"!
these are real cool - roads networks look amazing from these viewpoints, and buildings are always cool.

User avatar
davechinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1818
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by davechinn » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:08 pm

Psjunkie wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:44 pm
Glad to see you getting the hang of that lens...both good images Dave with #1 taking the cake in my opinion..having that straight area lead toward the setting sun really gives the image some impact for me....congratulations are in order for 52!!

Thanks Frank !!! Everyone will have their preferences, #2 has more impact of the lens vs #1. I haven't been able to figure out why some images have more impact than others. Time will tell as I continue to experiment with this lens.
Dave
https://www.davechinn.com/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/35722922@N02/albums

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest