"Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be." —John Wooden

Project 52Dave's Project 52

Forum rules
Some posts may not be "safe for work". If you intend to post any nude, topless or implied nude images please include the phrase NSFW in your title.
User avatar
Matt Quinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Posts: 1957
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: MD in winter: Cape Cod in summer
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Re: Dave's Project 52

Post by Matt Quinn » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:20 pm

Marvelous photo, Dave. Clever angle and creative composition. Great range of tones. So open to so many thoughts and interpretations. Here's one:

I almost touch you
Sadly turn my face away
Almost here but gone

Matt
Matt Quinn

"One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you'd be stricken blind." Dorothea Lange

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Posts: 3028
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:09 pm

davechinn wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:07 pm
I often visit Riverside Drive Historic District in Covington, Ky. It is a quiet, peaceful area, where folks can relax in the shade or sunshine along the Ohio River facing Cincinnati. Every visit I take notice, a statue of an African American reading a book on a park bench. I always comment to myself, "is this guy ever gonna finish reading that book"? However, I could not help but take notice that on this day the statued man had a visiter. The scene appeared odd and passersby also took notice. My first inclination to the posted image of week #15 was 'Imaginary lovers', a song by Atlanta Rhythm Section. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6Z-DQGqM90 Although, the image can be interpreted many ways, this is just my vision and interpretation.

Imaginary lovers
Never turn you down
When all the others turn you away
That is an exceptional image Dave. Perfect moment, perfect composition (and that is SO hard with Street): perfect capture, perfect presentation. This is a real winner. So many contrasts- gender, race, texture, activity. Just excellent.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
Psjunkie
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1263
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:20 am
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by Psjunkie » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:23 pm

Well captured and presented Mr. Chinn...

User avatar
davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1207
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by davechinn » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:01 pm

Matt Quinn wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:20 pm
Marvelous photo, Dave. Clever angle and creative composition. Great range of tones. So open to so many thoughts and interpretations. Here's one:

I almost touch you
Sadly turn my face away
Almost here but gone

Matt


Thanks Matt !!! I appreciate your thoughts and I like your interpretation as well.
Dave

User avatar
davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1207
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by davechinn » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:19 pm

minniev wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:09 pm
davechinn wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:07 pm
I often visit Riverside Drive Historic District in Covington, Ky. It is a quiet, peaceful area, where folks can relax in the shade or sunshine along the Ohio River facing Cincinnati. Every visit I take notice, a statue of an African American reading a book on a park bench. I always comment to myself, "is this guy ever gonna finish reading that book"? However, I could not help but take notice that on this day the statued man had a visiter. The scene appeared odd and passersby also took notice. My first inclination to the posted image of week #15 was 'Imaginary lovers', a song by Atlanta Rhythm Section. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6Z-DQGqM90 Although, the image can be interpreted many ways, this is just my vision and interpretation.

Imaginary lovers
Never turn you down
When all the others turn you away
That is an exceptional image Dave. Perfect moment, perfect composition (and that is SO hard with Street): perfect capture, perfect presentation. This is a real winner. So many contrasts- gender, race, texture, activity. Just excellent.


Thanks Minnie !!! Perfect? Not quite sure about that. Although, patience does pay off. While I knew I wanted something more than her just sitting there looking off into space and capturing her back, I decided to wait and see if another candid pose were to come around. I did not want to interrupt her thought process by asking for a pose. I wanted, as it should be, something to come naturally and it finally did. However, I did wait to see if something else were to come, but nothing quite like the one I posted. Here is one of just her. Thanks again, I appreciate the compliment.
Dave
Attachments
Alone time DEC_4422w B&W.jpg
'Alone Time'

User avatar
davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1207
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by davechinn » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:21 pm

Psjunkie wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:23 pm
Well captured and presented Mr. Chinn...


Thanks Frank, much appreciated.
Dave

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Posts: 3028
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:52 am

davechinn wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:19 pm

Thanks Minnie !!! Perfect? Not quite sure about that. Although, patience does pay off. While I knew I wanted something more than her just sitting there looking off into space and capturing her back, I decided to wait and see if another candid pose were to come around. I did not want to interrupt her thought process by asking for a pose. I wanted, as it should be, something to come naturally and it finally did. However, I did wait to see if something else were to come, but nothing quite like the one I posted. Here is one of just her. Thanks again, I appreciate the compliment.
Dave
This one is a good street candid portrait, but the first one you posted is far more than that.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1207
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by davechinn » Thu May 03, 2018 11:24 am

minniev wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:52 am
davechinn wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:19 pm

Thanks Minnie !!! Perfect? Not quite sure about that. Although, patience does pay off. While I knew I wanted something more than her just sitting there looking off into space and capturing her back, I decided to wait and see if another candid pose were to come around. I did not want to interrupt her thought process by asking for a pose. I wanted, as it should be, something to come naturally and it finally did. However, I did wait to see if something else were to come, but nothing quite like the one I posted. Here is one of just her. Thanks again, I appreciate the compliment.
Dave
This one is a good street candid portrait, but the first one you posted is far more than that.


I agree, and it proves to me that timing and patience pays off
Dave

User avatar
davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1207
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by davechinn » Thu May 03, 2018 11:48 am

Nothing like needed home repairs to throw off ones daily routine. Week #16 and may go well into week #17 or #18. Never have been much of a fast paced individual, but do need to be more diligent with the process. Maybe next week?
Attachments
Deck DEC_4430w.jpg
One of many home improvements

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Posts: 3028
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Fri May 04, 2018 10:44 am

davechinn wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 11:48 am
Nothing like needed home repairs to throw off ones daily routine. Week #16 and may go well into week #17 or #18. Never have been much of a fast paced individual, but do need to be more diligent with the process. Maybe next week?
Looks daunting. I’ve been looking at stuff like this for 2 years though so I know how it eats up your life and your money. Finally we are mostly done with our new old house. Be sure to show us the final product.
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest