"One day you are a signature, next day you are an autograph." —Billy Wilder

Project 52Dave's Project 52

Forum rules
Some posts may not be "safe for work". If you intend to post any nude, topless or implied nude images please include the phrase NSFW in your title.
Post Reply
User avatar
davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1496
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Dave's Project 52

Post by davechinn » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:01 pm

I thought I would give this a try, since I have not made any attempt in the past. I debated on the 365 project, but I thought maybe I shouldn't push my luck. My decision for this project was based on the times through out the year the term RUT comes to play, especially the colder months. So maybe Project 52 will keep the Rut's away and also to improve on my composition along with other areas of photography improvements needed.

I live within 3 to 4 miles of the Greater Cincinnati/Northern Ky airport and do make an attempt periodically to go the the plane viewing area, which is where this image 'No Drone Zone' was taken. My subject matter will vary through out the year while some images may be in color. Any comments and/or suggestions are always welcomed.
Dave
Attachments
No Drone Zone DEC_9327w.jpg
'No Drone Zone'
http://www.davechinn.com/

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

User avatar
minniev
Mentoris Magister
Mentoris Magister
Posts: 3903
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 am
Location: Mississippi
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by minniev » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:07 pm

A 52 project is a good way to fight The Rut, an enemy I'm very familiar with. I signed on for it too. I tried one last year, and stayed with it till September when I got busy with the dam bird exhibit. The location where I participated last year was a site where there was no interaction other than the weekly posting, so there wasn't anyone to motivate me and no one to cry on their shoulder when I got bogged down, so it went by the wayside.

I'm thinking this year I may make it!

I may try one of the 30 day projects too, over the winter, when it's easy to procrastinate and hibernate. I see Steve is doing one. Once I get started with the 52 I'll see about that...

And airports can give lots of interesting scenes, both indoors and out. Go for it!
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

User avatar
LindaShorey
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1398
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:50 am
Location: Yakima, WA
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by LindaShorey » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:48 pm

Great idea, Dave. Best of luck; I'm rooting for you :)
"What's important in a photograph and what isn't." http://photographylife.com/whats-import ... -what-isnt

User avatar
St3v3M
Key Founding Member
Key Founding Member
Posts: 4328
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am
Location: 35,000 feet
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image
Contact:

Post by St3v3M » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:25 am

davechinn wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:01 pm
...
I live within 3 to 4 miles of the Greater Cincinnati/Northern Ky airport and do make an attempt periodically to go the the plane viewing area, which is where this image 'No Drone Zone' was taken. My subject matter will vary through out the year while some images may be in color. Any comments and/or suggestions are always welcomed.
Dave
It's wonderful to see someone else joining in. Matt inspired me and I hope to make it an amazing year!

One suggestion I learned from Matt is to number your weeks so they are easy to keep track of.

Airport photos can be wonderful, inside and out. I'll be watching this! Enjoy! S-
"Take photographs, leave footprints, steal hearts"

User avatar
davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1496
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by davechinn » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:16 pm

minniev wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:07 pm
A 52 project is a good way to fight The Rut, an enemy I'm very familiar with. I signed on for it too. I tried one last year, and stayed with it till September when I got busy with the dam bird exhibit. The location where I participated last year was a site where there was no interaction other than the weekly posting, so there wasn't anyone to motivate me and no one to cry on their shoulder when I got bogged down, so it went by the wayside.

I'm thinking this year I may make it!

I may try one of the 30 day projects too, over the winter, when it's easy to procrastinate and hibernate. I see Steve is doing one. Once I get started with the 52 I'll see about that...

And airports can give lots of interesting scenes, both indoors and out. Go for it!

My thinking as well Minnie. It is so easy to get get in a Rut without realizing. I hope I can keep the promise to myself for a complete project. Just like New Years resolutions, they seem to get broken and easily forgotten six months down the road.

I'm not familiar with the 30 day project. Would that be a picture a day for a month? I may have interest in that as well. Seems to be easily achievable.

Thanks for the support !!!
Dave
http://www.davechinn.com/

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

User avatar
davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1496
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by davechinn » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:18 pm

LindaShorey wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:48 pm
Great idea, Dave. Best of luck; I'm rooting for you :)
Thanks Linda, much appreciated.
Dave
http://www.davechinn.com/

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

User avatar
davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1496
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by davechinn » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:27 pm

St3v3M wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:25 am
davechinn wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:01 pm
...
I live within 3 to 4 miles of the Greater Cincinnati/Northern Ky airport and do make an attempt periodically to go the the plane viewing area, which is where this image 'No Drone Zone' was taken. My subject matter will vary through out the year while some images may be in color. Any comments and/or suggestions are always welcomed.
Dave
It's wonderful to see someone else joining in. Matt inspired me and I hope to make it an amazing year!

One suggestion I learned from Matt is to number your weeks so they are easy to keep track of.

Airport photos can be wonderful, inside and out. I'll be watching this! Enjoy! S-


I have known of these projects in the past, but refused to participate because I'm one that's guilty (in the past) of not finishing something once started.

Numbering didn't occur to me, but makes sense. Thanks for the suggestion.
Dave
http://www.davechinn.com/

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

User avatar
Matt Quinn
Mentoris Maximus
Mentoris Maximus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: MD in winter: Cape Cod in summer
Social Media Opt-In: No
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by Matt Quinn » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:31 pm

davechinn wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:01 pm
I thought I would give this a try, since I have not made any attempt in the past. I debated on the 365 project, but I thought maybe I shouldn't push my luck. My decision for this project was based on the times through out the year the term RUT comes to play, especially the colder months. So maybe Project 52 will keep the Rut's away and also to improve on my composition along with other areas of photography improvements needed.

I live within 3 to 4 miles of the Greater Cincinnati/Northern Ky airport and do make an attempt periodically to go the the plane viewing area, which is where this image 'No Drone Zone' was taken. My subject matter will vary through out the year while some images may be in color. Any comments and/or suggestions are always welcomed.
Dave
Go for it. I'll be watching and rooting. Matt
Matt Quinn

"...approach the light as opposed to the subject." Stan Godwin

User avatar
davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1496
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by davechinn » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:59 pm

Matt Quinn wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:31 pm
davechinn wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:01 pm
I thought I would give this a try, since I have not made any attempt in the past. I debated on the 365 project, but I thought maybe I shouldn't push my luck. My decision for this project was based on the times through out the year the term RUT comes to play, especially the colder months. So maybe Project 52 will keep the Rut's away and also to improve on my composition along with other areas of photography improvements needed.

I live within 3 to 4 miles of the Greater Cincinnati/Northern Ky airport and do make an attempt periodically to go the the plane viewing area, which is where this image 'No Drone Zone' was taken. My subject matter will vary through out the year while some images may be in color. Any comments and/or suggestions are always welcomed.
Dave
Go for it. I'll be watching and rooting. Matt


Thanks Matt, hopefully the excitement level will maintain throughout the year from week to week.
Dave
http://www.davechinn.com/

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

User avatar
davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Posts: 1496
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Ky
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images
Contact:

Post by davechinn » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:15 pm

Making every attempt to keep out of the Rut. I have week #2 of project 52 for all interested to view and critique. Since my first image was airport related, I felt the need to take the project inside this week. I have several images and thought I would make the project airport related throughout the whole year. Then I thought, no, airport security may catch wind of me after several visits with complains, so I decided against the idea. However, this may be the last of the airport for awhile.

This is actually my first time to browse around inside the airport with camera in hand. At first, I felt a little uncomfortable, only because of security and how things are with today's issues. I'm sure I was being observed from a private room somewhere. Trying to be as discrete as possible, but I'm sure that was impossible. How often does an ole' man with a scraggly long grey beard, camera, long lens and backpack enter the airport lobby to browse as though he's on the streets? Discrete? Yea, right !!!
Attachments
Missed Flight DEC_9343w B&W.jpg
'Missed My Plane'
Goin' Home DEC_9360w B&W.jpg
'Goin' Home'
Watchfull Eye DEC_9362w B&W.jpg
'Watchful Eye .... On Me'
In Between Fights DEC_9359w B&W.jpg
'Between Flights'
http://www.davechinn.com/

Don’t shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like.
David Alan Harvey

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests