"Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be." —John Wooden

Project 52Dave's Project 52

Forum rules
Some posts may not be "safe for work". If you intend to post any nude, topless or implied nude images please include the phrase NSFW in your title.
davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus
Social Media Opt-In: Yes
Editing option: No, please do not edit my images

Re: Dave's Project 52

Post by davechinn » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:51 pm

St3v3M wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:48 am
davechinn wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:57 pm
Number 13 and not on a roll, but maybe next week since Cincinnati's baseball opening day parade will be Monday. Always has been a fun experience, with a large variety of photo opts.

This one caught my eye as I was at a traffic light. Afterwards I drove around the block in order to park, get out of the car and capture a better shot, but he was nowhere to be found.
Dave
Isn't it amazing how a beautiful work of art can make you feel something?

I like him! S-

It is amazing, but confusing at the same time. Unexplainable effort wins every time. Thank you for the compliment Steve, much appreciated.
Dave

davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by davechinn » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:56 pm

minniev wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:14 pm
davechinn wrote:
Number 13 and not on a roll, but maybe next week since Cincinnati's baseball opening day parade will be Monday. Always has been a fun experience, with a large variety of photo opts.

This one caught my eye as I was at a traffic light. Afterwards I drove around the block in order to park, get out of the car and capture a better shot, but he was nowhere to be found.
Dave
What a great character! You've proved once again that it is ALWAYS best to go on and get the shot, then look for better versions of it, rather than putting off a capture to wait for the perfect shot.

Thank you Minnie !!! Getting the shot first have not always been on my agenda, and because of it, I have missed so many along the way. Maybe I am now just learning from previous mistakes.
Dave

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Matt Quinn » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:30 pm

davechinn wrote:

Dave
Dave, I don't think you could have improved on that one. Real emotion that might have been lost with a more studied shot. Very well done. Matt
Matt Quinn

"One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you'd be stricken blind." Dorothea Lange

davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by davechinn » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:33 pm

Entering into week #14 of project 52, where I have several images to choose from, and while being indecisive on what to post I'll draw straws.

Having attending several Cincinnati Reds opening day parades, this one was a little different. In reality, it wasn't opening day for the Reds. The previous Thursday was, but was postponed until Friday due to weather. So they had the parade the following Monday. I'm not sure why all of the confusion, but it did create problems, such as attendance. I usually attend not for the parade its self, but to capture the spectators observing the parade. Although, I do take a break to catch a glimpse as I stroll the 1 1/2 mile route.

All of us are aware that society has made some changes since 9/11. I couldn't help but notice how security seems to have tightened and I do feel it is necessary. With that my image for this week is part of the security I witnessed. My processing is a little different as well. I had planned to go B&W with this, but decided to change it and mix it up since everything about this week has been nothing but change. I have post processed Cinematic Color Grading previously, but not often. This tutorial, Cinematic Color Grading tutorial is with PHLEARN and if anyone is interested here is the link to the tutorial. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaMfMZEFetc

Cincinnati S.W.A.T. won the straw pull.
Attachments
Swat Color Cast DEC_4273w.jpg
S.W.A.T. Cinematic Color Grading

minniev
Mentoris Legatus
Mentoris Legatus
Editing option: Yes, feel free to edit my image

Post by minniev » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:35 pm

davechinn wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:33 pm
Entering into week #14 of project 52, where I have several images to choose from, and while being indecisive on what to post I'll draw straws.

Having attending several Cincinnati Reds opening day parades, this one was a little different. In reality, it wasn't opening day for the Reds. The previous Thursday was, but was postponed until Friday due to weather. So they had the parade the following Monday. I'm not sure why all of the confusion, but it did create problems, such as attendance. I usually attend not for the parade its self, but to capture the spectators observing the parade. Although, I do take a break to catch a glimpse as I stroll the 1 1/2 mile route.

All of us are aware that society has made some changes since 9/11. I couldn't help but notice how security seems to have tightened and I do feel it is necessary. With that my image for this week is part of the security I witnessed. My processing is a little different as well. I had planned to go B&W with this, but decided to change it and mix it up since everything about this week has been nothing but change. I have post processed Cinematic Color Grading previously, but not often. This tutorial, Cinematic Color Grading tutorial is with PHLEARN and if anyone is interested here is the link to the tutorial. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaMfMZEFetc

Excellent, Dave. I love the processing but have never even been sure what color grading is. I'll take a look at the tutorial and see if I can make sense of it.

PS - Post some of those others too! Start a thread on them!
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes" - Dewitt Jones

davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by davechinn » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:36 pm

Matt Quinn wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:30 pm
davechinn wrote:

Dave
Dave, I don't think you could have improved on that one. Real emotion that might have been lost with a more studied shot. Very well done. Matt

Thanks Matt, your most likely correct. I appreciate your thoughts.
Dave

davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by davechinn » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:49 pm

minniev wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:35 pm
davechinn wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:33 pm

Excellent, Dave. I love the processing but have never even been sure what color grading is. I'll take a look at the tutorial and see if I can make sense of it.

PS - Post some of those others too! Start a thread on them!

Thanks Minnie, I will start another thread with some of the others. As far as the tutorial, I really can't explain what the difference happens to be, but it is. PHLEARN speaks so fast and I find myself stopping between each step to perform the steps in order to keep up with him. If he walks as fast as he talks, then I will need another form of transportation to keep up, such as a car or bike. So I would say if you do attempt the tutorial, at least complete the steps for a better understanding and to see if the tutorial is worth another attempt. I'm not sure if this was even what I wanted out of the swat image, so something else may come at another date.
Dave

Matt Quinn
Mentoris Primus
Mentoris Primus
Social Media Opt-In: No

Post by Matt Quinn » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:20 am

"All of us are aware that society has made some changes since 9/11. I couldn't help but notice how security seems to have tightened and I do feel it is necessary. With that my image for this week is part of the security I witnessed."

Dave, I am surprised they let you take the shot. But who would suspect a kindly looking man with a long beard who had parked his Harley around the corner? Is that a lady on the left? They are surely loaded for bear and more. Lethal stuff.

We live near a gun range where police and other forces practice. From a mile away the racket wakes you up if you sleep past 8. Would go deaf to be any nearer. Good study of people willing to expose themselves to danger. Well done. Matt
Matt Quinn

"One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you'd be stricken blind." Dorothea Lange

davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by davechinn » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:16 am

Matt Quinn wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:20 am
"All of us are aware that society has made some changes since 9/11. I couldn't help but notice how security seems to have tightened and I do feel it is necessary. With that my image for this week is part of the security I witnessed."

Dave, I am surprised they let you take the shot. But who would suspect a kindly looking man with a long beard who had parked his Harley around the corner? Is that a lady on the left? They are surely loaded for bear and more. Lethal stuff.

We live near a gun range where police and other forces practice. From a mile away the racket wakes you up if you sleep past 8. Would go deaf to be any nearer. Good study of people willing to expose themselves to danger. Well done. Matt

Matt, they were more than willing, but I was more grateful for the opportunity. I'm not sure about the person to the left. I had my suspension as well. May be the reason for the face mask? Thanks for commenting, I appreciate it.
Dave

davechinn
Mentoris Secundus
Mentoris Secundus

Post by davechinn » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:07 pm

I often visit Riverside Drive Historic District in Covington, Ky. It is a quiet, peaceful area, where folks can relax in the shade or sunshine along the Ohio River facing Cincinnati. Every visit I take notice, a statue of an African American reading a book on a park bench. I always comment to myself, "is this guy ever gonna finish reading that book"? However, I could not help but take notice that on this day the statued man had a visiter. The scene appeared odd and passersby also took notice. My first inclination to the posted image of week #15 was 'Imaginary lovers', a song by Atlanta Rhythm Section. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6Z-DQGqM90 Although, the image can be interpreted many ways, this is just my vision and interpretation.

Imaginary lovers
Never turn you down
When all the others turn you away
Attachments
Imaginary Lover DEC_4424w B&W.jpg
'Imaginary Lover'